Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Who are the smokers here?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 39 Replies

Poll

Question: Who are the (cigarette) smokers here?

Options:

I never smoked.

I used to smoke, but quit.

I quit smoking, but started again.

I smoke, but I'm trying to quit.

I smoke, and at the moment have no plans to quit.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 70

View Results

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Cigarettes, right? I quit a few years back but lately I've been wanting to take it back up.

Ellen_Frankfurt
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like what everyone I know that has quit smoking tells me. The desire to smoke never totally goes away. Most notably, when my mother (she smokes) and my stepfather met, he had been quit for several years. But after being together with my mother for two weeks, he was smoking again.

Me? I've been a smoker for 20 years now, and have no reason or desire to give it up. Even if I did, I'm not sure I could! I love my Marlboro Menthol 100's, except when I'm in the states, then it's Newport 100's.

Quoting Zazayam:

Cigarettes, right? I quit a few years back but lately I've been wanting to take it back up.

Free Forum Sigs

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol your stepfather started smoking again after being with your mom for two weeks.
Ellen_Frankfurt
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:28 PM

That's three times that I know of that she was a bad influence! She was mine, too, and she was my aunt's (her younger sister) influence.

Quoting diaperstodating: Lol your stepfather started smoking again after being with your mom for two weeks.

Free Forum Sigs

Zazayam
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I think I'd be fine if I lived in a bubble or something, lol. But EVERYONE I know smokes. For a few years I didn't have any problem with it, but these days every time I see someone light one I'm like man... That looks good, lol.

Quoting Ellen_Frankfurt:

That sounds like what everyone I know that has quit smoking tells me. The desire to smoke never totally goes away. Most notably, when my mother (she smokes) and my stepfather met, he had been quit for several years. But after being together with my mother for two weeks, he was smoking again.

Me? I've been a smoker for 20 years now, and have no reason or desire to give it up. Even if I did, I'm not sure I could! I love my Marlboro Menthol 100's, except when I'm in the states, then it's Newport 100's.

Quoting Zazayam:

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I've never smoked...  All of my friends don't smoke.  I've lost my favorite Aunt( my mom's sister) to lung cancer, my uncle (her brother) to lung cancer and my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer but died before receiving treatment for it. 

My dd convinced my dad to give up smoking cigars, luckily so far all he has is a touch of emphysema.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM

My Oldest Sister gave me my First and ONLY puff when I was 7 yrs old. She did me the biggest Favor EVER!! LOL

MommyFraga
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I have never even tried it. Both my parents smoked when I was a kid. I always hated the smell. Once I moved out, it was even harder to visit them because it smelled even stronger. 

I'm happy to say that my mother quit smoking about 5 years ago. My father tries to quit all the time. He can go for a couple of months but always starts back up again. But he doesn't smoke in the house anymore.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM

I've never smoked.  My MIL lost a lung due to cancer from smoking since she was a teen.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I used to smoke. I quit the day I found out I was pregnant with our dd (she's now 20 y/o).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)