Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Fun Debate Time!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: How would you feel if the closest person to you Booked the same Venue as you with your Weddings less than a month apart and she is getting married First?

Options:

Annoyed, she could at least talk to you First

Pissed, I found it first she needs to find another Venue

Who cares??? This way I can see how it's ran

Option for Other :D

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

I heard this one on the local radio this morning.

The person you are closest to and you are both engaged at the same time and your Weddings are less than a month apart and she is going to be your MOD and you Hers, BUT your friend is getting married before you. You find and Book the venue of your dreams and decided to show her then she decides to Book the SAME Venue without talking to you first.

How would you feel?

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM
No one :(
Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I honestly wouldn't care. Stuff like that has never bothered me and I really don't see why anyone would be upset about it.

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM

If there were only 3 venues in the area, it wouldn't be a huge issue, but if there were 20+, I'd probably wonder what her motive was to pick the exact same one and a month before me. 

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I wouldn't care.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I don't have any friends that close. I've never been in a wedding and only attended about three. Even if I did, I'd be flattered that she liked my idea. I guess the bigger question is, is the guest list the same. If not no one else will even know that you were irked that the same venue was used by a friend.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Quoting Sophie1106:

I honestly wouldn't care. Stuff like that has never bothered me and I really don't see why anyone would be upset about it.

Same here. It's my marriage that means something to me, not the wedding. I never understand why people make such a big deal over stuff like this. 

wedding countdown
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care. Now she gets the same dress and color scheme it might be on.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM
It's not a big deal.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jun. 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I voted "other".  Because I wouldn't care at all.

And I wouldn't spend my time at her wedding watching how they run things there....because every place can have an on/off day and what happens at someone else's wedding doesn't mean it would happen at mine.  Not to mention each couple would have their own requests and could be extra great. Or horrible, for the place to work with....etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN