Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Just curious...

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM
  • 18 Replies
Plain and simple curiosity here...How much debt do you have? We owe $40,000 on our home, $10,000 on my husbands car and $5,000 combined for two credit cards. To me that's worrisome. We are paying down the credit cards and not putting a penny on them unless an emergency comes up. Then I hope to pay a little extra on each loan payment to get those paid off a little faster. Answer if you like.
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Bobbie on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We still owe about $60k on the house and I just put my dogs $330 surgery on my CC yesterday but I'll pay it off when the bill comes. Dh's CC has a $0 balance and both of our cars are paid off.
christina122952
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a bunch,lol  I live in Jersey - it's high price everything,lol  We owe $230,000 on our house, our cars are relatively new and of course they weren't cheap, we have a couple of credit cards each, but owe nothing ridiculous on them...   Oh well, I'll be debit free one day,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I currently owe about $300 on my CC, $7500 on my car and I have some past medical bills that I never paid and are currently in collections. I rent my house so no mortgage. :) Overall my debt is extremely low and manageable.

*^*Carolyn*^* 

huskermom98
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We have about 67K left on the house and that's it--anything that gets put on a credit card gets paid off monthly.  Hopefully...sad to say...we'll have some car debt some time in the next year because both of our cars are 10+ years old and are approaching 150K miles--time to think about replacing at least one of  them.  We do have a decent 6 month emergency fund saved up and I'm working on a car fund...but DH likes to refer to that as a new roof fund, we'll see what has to be replaced first.

Frances0923
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I rent my apartment. I have about $2k left in the car. And I only have one credit card (Macy's) which I paid off what I owe with my income tax so I have a good spending limit left on it. 

BUT I am thinking of getting a new car so I might be in a little debt again.. not too sure though

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We have our house and two credit cards. Which aren't that much left on them. By this time next year. We will be credit card debt free and only have our house.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure of the actual amount. It's under $15,000 and none of it is credit card or mortgage related. It's defaulted student loans, my SUV, medical bills and some other bills we are trying to catch up on. Our credit is shot and we are desperately trying to fix it. 

cali_angel_girl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

In all honesty we don't have a lot because we rent, my dh's truck is paid off, and we don't have credit cards.  So the only real debt we have is my car and we still owe about $13,000 ish on it.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately, my student loan is 40,000 plus. DH's is about 5,000. That's it though. We rent and don't own CC's and both vehicles are paid off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN