Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have any plans for July 4th yet?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM
  • 27 Replies
If so, what do you have planned? If not, what would you like to do that day? :)
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:17 PM

no

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:29 PM

We'll probably BBQ and swim at home, go watch the parade at 5:00, go back home, eat, swim a little more then head back to town for fireworks at 9:00.

natural_s
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM

We will be on vacation in NY then but have no idea what we will be doing. One of the things I would like to do is go out to a nice dinner with my hubby because the 4th is our anniversary.

cali_angel_girl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM

We usually go to my sisters house for a bbq and do fireworks for the kids.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:44 AM

It is the first time that I dont have to work the holiday (I actually choose to because of the OT but since it falls on my day off, I cant work it), so we are going to go to the beach in the morning or play in our pool, then have a barbecue and then watch the fireworks at my Mom's house and do sparklers.  I usually make the flag cake with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream/yogurt topping.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:19 AM

No plans yet. We'll probably have a cookout with my side of the family.

MaineMammax2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:32 AM
We usually go to the lake and spend the day and then have fireworks at home later in the evening.
katiebug840204
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM
No plans yet but it will probably involve the beach and a cookout.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Not yet.  I'll just be getting home on the 3rd from a road trip with dd.  So if we do nothing but stay home and bbq I'll be fine with that.  

Although, my cousin down the street usually has a party, and if they do we'll walk down to it.  We can see the fireworks from the end of my block so it makes things a little easier.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM

We usually go to the lake house for holidays during the summer. But my mom isn't sure if we are going up there this year. Even if they do go up there I'm not sure if I would go. It's a 3 hour trip one way and because I have no one to take care of my dogs I have to make it a day trip. I have absolutely no problem driving that in one day, I have done it hundreds of times, but I seriously doubt my 2 month old will like it. That's a lot of carseat time for her and I really don't want to make her be in the carseat that long being this young. But if my parents decide to stay home me and the kids will probably go over to their house to grill or something. I will buy some sparklers for DS. He doesn't like any other fireworks. He doesn't like the loud sound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)