Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How many credit cards do you have?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 77 Replies

When I was 18 I got every credit card I could. I guess I felt cool having them in my wallet. Now I try to have as few as possible! I have 3 and I only use 1 in emergencies. How many do you have?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
incogNinja
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Just one. Sometimes I miss having all the cards I used to have lol. But it's better to not
-42-
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this
None.

Cash and debit/bank card. We don't have cash in hand or money in bank for something, we don't get it.
shaye
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM
Zilch. I know my hubby and I well enough its a bad idea for us right now. Some people are great with them and some suck with them. We'd be the sucky ones lol s
Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I had a Sears Mastercard when I turned 18. I maxed it out (I think it was a $500 limit) and then lost my job and couldn't pay it off. Was sent into collections and was eventually written off. I am now 31 and I only have 1 and the balance on it is like $150. Trying to build my credit back up. During my marriage asshole tried applying for everything he could and would max credit cards out and ruined my credit. UUGGHH I'm getting there though.

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM
None
Knightquester
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I have zero, in my life I have had 1 and when the credit card company was bought out by another company that I did not care for I closed that card out.

caustinb
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:23 PM
3. Two regular cards and an Amazon card.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM
None and in impressed with all the other people that don't have any. The bank I used to work at would try to say you have to have credit cards. That you can't build credit without them. We had bad experiences prior to getting rid of ours and it damaged our credit but through paying utilities and other bills on time every time we have built our credit back up to over 700 each. It may not be great but it jumped 100 points in one year. We have even happy with it. Would it be nice every now and then, sure but we have gotten by for the last five years without them.
Cassandra1984
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I don't have any.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM

No "major" credit cards, but I have a Kohls credit card. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN