Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

World Cup

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 38 Replies

Is anybody else watching the World Cup this year?

Are you rooting for any team besides the USA?

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM

We are cheering for Portugal! :-)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I'm not watching it.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Nope, not watching it.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM

We're not watching, but here's a bump.

Carolynishappy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not watching it but I have a cousin that is hardcore soccer fan I mean he will fly to Italy to watch a soccer game. All of his FB page has World Cup all over it and not just in english. He's posting in Italian and Spanish. LOL

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:04 PM

We are keeping up with it but not watching it. I don't have a favorite team. I'm not sure about my husband. We learned about soccer from our exchange students who seem to all love soccer. It's not so popular in our area yet although we do have rec leagues and school teams. 

urbpro
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Both dh and my families are obsessed with the World Cup. In fact, I am avoiding t.v and internet as much as possible so I can watch the games with dh when he gets home. We love watching the games and talking about who will move on and win :o) The last time the World Cup rolled around my kids were 6, 5 and 2 years old and they still watched almost every game and cheered their favorite teams on. They also like putting together those sticker books which is great for learning the players names and what teams they are on. We are all rooting for the USA but my son really likes Germany and England and my parents cheer for Spain and Honduras.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Yeah when there's a game I want to see I try to stay off fb and the internet so I can watch the games in the evening after I'm off work. Lots of my family and friends watch and post about every game lol. My kids like watching with us too :-)

Quoting urbpro:

Both dh and my families are obsessed with the World Cup. In fact, I am avoiding t.v and internet as much as possible so I can watch the games with dh when he gets home. We love watching the games and talking about who will move on and win :o) The last time the World Cup rolled around my kids were 6, 5 and 2 years old and they still watched almost every game and cheered their favorite teams on. They also like putting together those sticker books which is great for learning the players names and what teams they are on. We are all rooting for the USA but my son really likes Germany and England and my parents cheer for Spain and Honduras.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Yeah it's just not that popular of a sport in this country. My family is Portuguese and soccer is huge there so the world cup is a big deal and I know it is in a lot of other countries as well.

Quoting countrymomma81:

We are keeping up with it but not watching it. I don't have a favorite team. I'm not sure about my husband. We learned about soccer from our exchange students who seem to all love soccer. It's not so popular in our area yet although we do have rec leagues and school teams. 

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
We're watching it. I'm rooting for Germany and the US. Well, the US will have to take the backseat on that when they play Germany though lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)