Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Proud of myself

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am proud of myself,recieved a couple awards Thursday night from a local LGBT rights group.I recieved parent of the year for being loving,accepting and supportive of my 17 year old son Kevin's crossdressing whom goes by Kelsey when dressed.Kelsey walked up with me when I went to accept it.Told me thank you for all the support I have given her.I help out too and recieved volenteer of the year.I have met so many these people in this group I have began friendships with and tear up hearing the rejection from the stories of some of the people.They have told me I am a parent that cares and open minded.I was raised right to love and accept people for who they are.My cousin Leslie was there also,she is a post op transsexual and said I deserved the awards.My cousin Leslie and I are also good friends,I supported her through her transition and was there when she had her final surgery 8 years ago.

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ambergem
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Wow that is a good supportive group to be involved in.
alexisb3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 4:52 PM

It is,Kelsey and I got in 3 years ago through my cousin Leslie.Everyone I met at first said I am a good person in life.

christina122952
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Good for you. All they need is love and supportive.
cali_angel_girl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:20 PM

That's great :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN