Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

So, the neighbor...

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 14 Replies
Is a nice guy and all but they have a pot plant out front of his house. I guess it's legal to have up to six plants but they have to be kept inside. I don't really care that they have it but the kids will occasionally stop to look at it I've never seen my four year old eat a plant so I don't think he will. I imagine if we just treat it like any other plant them it should be no big deal for the kids. We have herbs and flowers growing in front of our house. They like to look at those too. I kinda wish the plant wasn't out there but my son plays in their house too. So taking it in wouldn't really change his exposure. I don't know. I just wish it wasn't there.
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM

IDK how I'd feel. I'm sort of a prude when it comes to things like drugs, alchohol and sex around my kids. 

stacy2607
by Stacy on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM
if you are worried about it, you could call your city police department. you can call anonymously.. cause like you said, it's legal to have some plants but they have to be INSIDE.
Zazayam
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I'd have a talk about how eating random plants is a bad idea and can make you sick, just in case.

VinVanMom
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:13 PM
It will get stolen
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I don't like drugs either. Responsible drinking isn't as big a deal. My inlaws have mixed drinks every evening pretty much, their happy hour. I kind of prodded around to find out what the laws were and they told me they could have up to 6 plants but not the inside part. My FIL told me the inside part. He must have researched it after I mentioned they had it.

Quoting countrymomma81:

IDK how I'd feel. I'm sort of a prude when it comes to things like drugs, alchohol and sex around my kids. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I hate to get them in trouble. It would be obvious it was us. There isn't anyone else really around.

Quoting stacy2607: if you are worried about it, you could call your city police department. you can call anonymously.. cause like you said, it's legal to have some plants but they have to be INSIDE.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I think I will do this today. I don't think he would eat it because he is like anti-green food lol. He doesn't like veggies. I guess a just I'm case would be good. I guess they bake with it and they said they don't give any to their kid but I'm not sure I would be comfortable eating anything there now.

Quoting Zazayam:

I'd have a talk about how eating random plants is a bad idea and can make you sick, just in case.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I don't think anyone around here would steal it. We certainly won't. I don't want anything to do with it.

Quoting VinVanMom: It will get stolen
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Not so much to me either, but living in Louisiana where everything is a reason to party it's not often we are around "responsible drinkers". For the most part it's all or nothing around here. I have a drink or two every once in a while but we don't bring our kids to places where there are other drinkers knowing we can't control what they do around the kids, kwim?

Quoting mjimaging: I don't like drugs either. Responsible drinking isn't as big a deal. My inlaws have mixed drinks every evening pretty much, their happy hour. I kind of prodded around to find out what the laws were and they told me they could have up to 6 plants but not the inside part. My FIL told me the inside part. He must have researched it after I mentioned they had it.
Quoting countrymomma81:

wedding countdown
Zazayam
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I highly doubt they'd just feed it to people without telling them, lol. If you bake with it you can end up really stoned, so I also bet they don't give it to their kid. I'm pro-legalization, but I wouldn't want any of my kids to be just randomly exposed to it either and I definitely wouldn't want any of them actually ingesting any of it.

My oldest hated fruits and veggies and anything plant like, then one day I caught him in the back yard stuffing his face with flowers... Thankfully they weren't poisonous, but the ones right next to that bush were and it really scared me. He was pretending to be a dinosaur, and some dinosaurs are herbivores, lol. It was cute, but still very much not ok.

Quoting mjimaging: I think I will do this today. I don't think he would eat it because he is like anti-green food lol. He doesn't like veggies. I guess a just I'm case would be good. I guess they bake with it and they said they don't give any to their kid but I'm not sure I would be comfortable eating anything there now.
Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN