Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What's the last book you read?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
  • 29 Replies

reading

Was it good?

What book is next?

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizfnf
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Mr. Mercedes.  It was awesome!  Up next is Doctor Sleep, I didn't have the time to read it before.  Can you tell I love Stephen King?  Haha

incogNinja
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I see that when I go into B&N and laugh because it triggers a Doctor Who recognition alarm in my brain but I know it's Steven king not Steven moffat 😂😂😩

I am reading a dance with dragons (George RR Martin) and next will be a horn of winter when it comes out :-/ .. The last book I actually completed was The Fault in our Stars last week (John Green). Dragons has bored me quite a bit since I started it like a month ago :( I read the other GOT books in a week to 10 days

Quoting lizfnf:

Mr. Mercedes.  It was awesome!  Up next is Doctor Sleep, I didn't have the time to read it before.  Can you tell I love Stephen King?  Haha

Sophie1106
by Paula on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I just finished Water for Elephants. It was pretty good.Now I started reading The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner.
mom2ryneandsam
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Killing Cupid by Laura Levine now starting Winners by Danielle Steel 

lizfnf
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I really enjoyed the fault in our stars. I haven't seen the movie though since I read an article saying that they made the ending happier and less emotional. Which really was the whole point of the story, to bring out emotions. I generally find that the movie ruins the book. Loved the hunger game series but I have found the movies to be far to compressed to really tell the complete story. I still enjoy them because I love Jennifer Lawrence. My fave movie of hers was winter's bone. And just like that I ruined your post! Haha

Quoting incogNinja: I see that when I go into B&N and laugh because it triggers a Doctor Who recognition alarm in my brain but I know it's Steven king not Steven moffat 😂😂😩

I am reading a dance with dragons (George RR Martin) and next will be a horn of winter when it comes out :-/ .. The last book I actually completed was The Fault in our Stars last week (John Green). Dragons has bored me quite a bit since I started it like a month ago :( I read the other GOT books in a week to 10 days

Quoting lizfnf:

incogNinja
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM
No I love talking about it! I don't like really any movie that is from a book, they can't possibly include every thought you're able to savor from reading .. I thought catching fire was a little better than the hunger games (movies , I mean) and I don't want to see TFIOS at all.

Quoting lizfnf: I really enjoyed the fault in our stars. I haven't seen the movie though since I read an article saying that they made the ending happier and less emotional. Which really was the whole point of the story, to bring out emotions. I generally find that the movie ruins the book. Loved the hunger game series but I have found the movies to be far to compressed to really tell the complete story. I still enjoy them because I love Jennifer Lawrence. My fave movie of hers was winter's bone. And just like that I ruined your post! Haha

Quoting incogNinja: I see that when I go into B&N and laugh because it triggers a Doctor Who recognition alarm in my brain but I know it's Steven king not Steven moffat 😂😂😩

Quoting lizfnf:

natural_s
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst and  I enjoyed it.

The book I am currently reading is Limitless Life by Derwin Gray which I am almost finished with.

lizfnf
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I haven't seen catching fire yet.  I wait for them to come out on Netflix.  My hubby is horrified that I read the series.  Haha!  He's not a fiction person though so he's always judgemental.  I found myself yelling at the TV, "that's not how it happened!"  a lot.  I have noticed that the older Stephen King movies stayed pretty true to the story line.  Green Mile is and was my absolute favorite, I still cry like a baby at the end.  And seeing Pennywise personified has ruined clowns for me forever.  

Quoting incogNinja: No I love talking about it! I don't like really any movie that is from a book, they can't possibly include every thought you're able to savor from reading .. I thought catching fire was a little better than the hunger games (movies , I mean) and I don't want to see TFIOS at all.
Quoting lizfnf: I really enjoyed the fault in our stars. I haven't seen the movie though since I read an article saying that they made the ending happier and less emotional. Which really was the whole point of the story, to bring out emotions. I generally find that the movie ruins the book. Loved the hunger game series but I have found the movies to be far to compressed to really tell the complete story. I still enjoy them because I love Jennifer Lawrence. My fave movie of hers was winter's bone. And just like that I ruined your post! Haha
Quoting incogNinja: I see that when I go into B&N and laugh because it triggers a Doctor Who recognition alarm in my brain but I know it's Steven king not Steven moffat 😂😂😩 I am reading a dance with dragons (George RR Martin) and next will be a horn of winter when it comes out :-/ .. The last book I actually completed was The Fault in our Stars last week (John Green). Dragons has bored me quite a bit since I started it like a month ago :( I read the other GOT books in a week to 10 days
Quoting lizfnf:

LittleRed80
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I just finished "Uncle Tom's Cabin". I can't believe I had never read it before. It was so excellent. I'm pregnant, and if it's a girl her name will be Evangeline.
christina122952
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't read much
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)