Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

shut up or put up !

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sorry I need to rant this morning !!  A friend of mine has 3 kids and she's a teacher.  For the past 2 months I constantly read her FB statuses that are counting down weeks and days until she's off for the summer.  Now that she's off, here she is bitching about having to keep her 3 kids entertained.  Ok, her son is a special needs kids, he has autism / ADHD but still, it's not like this comes as a big surprise.

Her status this morning is : "I need to keep my kids entertained ... HELP" so I ask her at home or out.  Her reply was "3 kids out is too much, can't handle it"  so I shared with her last weeks post on 50 activites for bored kids in summer.  her reply ?  "I don't have the energy for this ... I need to hire some teenager to keep them entertained"  *SMH*  lots of these take very little doing on the parents' end.  I mean really ???? Is it just me ?  I feel like telling her to suck it up... you wanted 3 kids, you had them, you bitched about how you couldn't wait to be off for the summer now DEAL with it !

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with you!
Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.  I have three kids to and I am a SAHM and my oldest is autism, ADHD/ODD,SPD,GAD so I know were its hard to keep them entertained but you can do it it just sounds like she doesn't want to and she wants someone else tit for her.  And with her being a teacher she should be able to keep her kids entertained.  I am thinking if she didn't want to do it she shouldn't of had that many kids

Philosophia
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I spaced mine out. Less to entertain. But she shouldn't complain. I'd love to continue staying home with my three but I have to go back to work in a week and a half.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM
6 moms liked this

Do you think she is just venting?

I happen to have 3 kids (oldest has ocd) and be a teacher.... if ppl judged me on my vents then yeah they might get the wrong idea. My mom is a classic on this one: if I dare suggest that I'm tired she has to throw it in my face that I WANTED to be a mom and a teacher. Geez folks just because I vent doesn't mean I'm not happy or not a good mother. I can't shoot sunshine out my a** all the time. I keep my rants to FB and good friends so I can be a more positive, laugh it off, mom in real life.

NOW, really, maybe she does suck. But I wouldn't judge just because of FB.

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I know a woman like this annoys the hell out of me! You chose to have the kids they are yours to take card of and entertain!!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 1:17 PM

No she is not just venting - she's all about "what to do?" "I have no energy for this" and then on the same thread another friend of her replied that she'd be willing to accompany her and her kids to the zoo. her reply ? Can't handle it right now, not ready for this.

So yeah she just sucks as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand moms like this ... you know I had 1, I knew I'm the type of woman who can only handle one and I am happy that I stuck to my guns and had just one.  Even at that my daughter being an only child, needs / wants attention / play  all the time and I give it to her.    In the summer I know she can't stay home with DH during the day, I also work full time, she needs to be entertained and she'd be bored at home all summer so I send her to day camp one week out of 2.  I DEAL with the situation on the weekends we do stuff with her, take her to outings, spend days playing in the pool with her, go for pic niks ... She may be annoying at times but you won't see me bitching about it on FB.

Quoting 12yrmama:

Do you think she is just venting?

I happen to have 3 kids (oldest has ocd) and be a teacher.... if ppl judged me on my vents then yeah they might get the wrong idea. My mom is a classic on this one: if I dare suggest that I'm tired she has to throw it in my face that I WANTED to be a mom and a teacher. Geez folks just because I vent doesn't mean I'm not happy or not a good mother. I can't shoot sunshine out my a** all the time. I keep my rants to FB and good friends so I can be a more positive, laugh it off, mom in real life.

NOW, really, maybe she does suck. But I wouldn't judge just because of FB.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Too true!
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM

pffffff last night she went to a movies in the park event in her home town and she's posting that on FB like she deserves a freckin award.... pathetic.

ElishaF
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe she just likes to complain and is looking for sympathy. When I get annoyed with a friend's Facebook post I un-follow them for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN