Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Let's get to know each other! Please introduce yourself here...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
  • 284 Replies
1 mom liked this

waveWelcome to the 30 Something Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other moms just like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old were you when you became a mom?
2. How many kids do you have? 
3. How old are your kids?
4. What state do you live in?
5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

Enjoy the group!

have a nice dayKelly

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrnchyMamaCraig
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Hi! I'm Hope, I'm 32 and I have been married to my husband Chris for 8 years at the end of this month :)

1. How old were you when you became a mom? Geeeez, making me think :P I was 26
2. How many kids do you have? 4
3. How old are your kids? They are 6, 4, 2, & 3 months
4. What state do you live in? NC
5. What's on your mind today? Getting ready to go see a friend :)
trishma
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone, My name is Trishma and I had my babygirl on the day I turned 33 years, yes she decided to make an early arrival on my birthday. Sophia is my first baby, she is eight months old. We live in New York City but soon we will be relocating to Georgia where my husband will be stationed. His duty station is going to be Fort Benning. I am a bit nervous about the move, since I will have to leave my job, my home and adjusting Sophia to a new environment. american flag ribbon

meg999
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi I'm Meg,

I have two girls, 4 and 3 and am expecting again in December. We live in upstate NY. I work full time and recently lost my friendship with my closest childhood  friend. I guess I am just feeling the loss of that compounded with being pregnant and not really having anyone to talk about it with. My husband is great, don't get me wrong but another mom's view who's been there done that is more comforting. Just looking forward to making some new friends.

SafeMommy.org
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi!  I'm 36, and I'm married and have 2 kids, ages 8 and almost 2.  They are a fun bunch, and I love them to pieces.  We live in Mokena, Illinois.  It's a suburb of Chicago.  We live in a wonderful older neighborhood full of kids and fantastic neighbors.  Every weekend we have a potluck dinner with the neighbors, and it's almost like a large extended family.  I couldn't ask for a better life.  I'm currently working full time outside of the home, but my goal is to be a full time WAHM by the end of August.  I started my own business and blog, and I'm hoping it really takes off soon.  I used to have the baby in daycare, but decided to hire an in-home babysitter for the summer.  It's working out great, and I've noticed a HUGE difference in my daughter's demeanor since she's been able to stay home.  I used to be a preschool teacher, so I've seen the difference first-hand in daycare kids and those who are raised at home.  It's very important to me.  I'm excited to join this group, and can't wait to meet lots of new friends!

Mishy2
by Michelle on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Hi Hope and welcome to the group. Nice to meet you :)

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: Hi! I'm Hope, I'm 32 and I have been married to my husband Chris for 8 years at the end of this month :) 1. How old were you when you became a mom? Geeeez, making me think :P I was 26 2. How many kids do you have? 4 3. How old are your kids? They are 6, 4, 2, & 3 months 4. What state do you live in? NC 5. What's on your mind today? Getting ready to go see a friend :)

Mishy2
by Michelle on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hi Trishma and welcome to the group. Nice to meet you :)

Good luck with your upcoming move.

Quoting trishma:

Hi everyone, My name is Trishma and I had my babygirl on the day I turned 33 years, yes she decided to make an early arrival on my birthday. Sophia is my first baby, she is eight months old. We live in New York City but soon we will be relocating to Georgia where my husband will be stationed. His duty station is going to be Fort Benning. I am a bit nervous about the move, since I will have to leave my job, my home and adjusting Sophia to a new environment. american flag ribbon

Mishy2
by Michelle on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Hi Meg and welcome to the group. It is nice to meet you :)

I agree, we all need some mom to mom talk sometimes. Sorry for the loss of your friendship.

Quoting meg999:

Hi I'm Meg,

I have two girls, 4 and 3 and am expecting again in December. We live in upstate NY. I work full time and recently lost my friendship with my closest childhood  friend. I guess I am just feeling the loss of that compounded with being pregnant and not really having anyone to talk about it with. My husband is great, don't get me wrong but another mom's view who's been there done that is more comforting. Just looking forward to making some new friends.

Mishy2
by Michelle on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Hi there and welcome to the group. Nice to meet you :)

That is wonderful that all the neighbours get together like that. That is nice.

Quoting SafeMommy.org:

Hi!  I'm 36, and I'm married and have 2 kids, ages 8 and almost 2.  They are a fun bunch, and I love them to pieces.  We live in Mokena, Illinois.  It's a suburb of Chicago.  We live in a wonderful older neighborhood full of kids and fantastic neighbors.  Every weekend we have a potluck dinner with the neighbors, and it's almost like a large extended family.  I couldn't ask for a better life.  I'm currently working full time outside of the home, but my goal is to be a full time WAHM by the end of August.  I started my own business and blog, and I'm hoping it really takes off soon.  I used to have the baby in daycare, but decided to hire an in-home babysitter for the summer.  It's working out great, and I've noticed a HUGE difference in my daughter's demeanor since she's been able to stay home.  I used to be a preschool teacher, so I've seen the difference first-hand in daycare kids and those who are raised at home.  It's very important to me.  I'm excited to join this group, and can't wait to meet lots of new friends!

trish2tew
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I was less than 2 months from turning 24 when DD#1 was born. I have 3 biokids, and 3 stepkids. SD#1 is 11, SS will be 9 in less than 2 weeks, SD#2 will be 8 in August, DD#1 is 6, DD#2 is 4, and DS will be 3 in August. We live in Texas. I'm kinda down today. I am stressed and pretty much hate work right now. The only reasons I am here is we need the money, and the people I work with on a regular basis are awesome and supportive people. I don't get off work until 2, but we are going to a party tonight with some work friends, and I am looking forward to relaxing, even though I have to work tomorrow.

DanielleH78
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

1. How old were you when you became a mom?

I was 26 :)

2. How many kids do you have? 

Three

3. How old are your kids?

9, 8 & 4

4. What state do you live in?

FL

5. What's on your mind today?

I'll be glad when school starts back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)