Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need help with my friend's wife. She's faking it.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM
  • 48 Replies

My husband and I have a friend, he actually introduced us, that recently got married. His wife got pregnant shortly after they got married. But I think she is faking it. She says she is pregnant with twins. He has not been to a single doctors appointment with her nor has he felt the babies move. She doesn't look pregnant much less pregnant with twins. Plus there are so many other things that prove she isn't pregnant.  She is currently supposed to be 28 weeks. She has run off most of his friends and even some of his family. Now she trying to get him to move out of state and leave a good job and his family and friends. I'm seriously worried about him. He has health issues that are bothered by stress and he doesn't handle things well. I feel like I should say something but I'm worried he won't believe me and then won't speak to us anymore. I've come to a decision I have to say something but I'm really not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
txmomw2
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

This is her this past weekend at 28 weeks. 

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:23 AM
She is small, but may carry differently.
hismommy2010
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:27 AM
My sis is small. And she didnt show til her 8th month!
txmomw2
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 2:59 AM

It's not just how she shows. I also saw a used tampon in the trash upstairs when no one else has been here. I don't even use that bathroom. I was only up there to get towels and throw away the trash. Also she has no body changes from when we first met her. Her breast are no fuller. I've seen pictures of her previous pregnancies and she showed very early. Those were only singletons. 

mommy211983
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like she's lying. All I can think is taking him aside and explain why you feel she's faking it and why your concerned. He will find out eventually because so can only hide it so long.
viv212
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Okay so I totally believe in the super natural. Try posting this pic in the psychic realm.

As for advice, try asking her about due dates. In a couple weeks ask again. All more questions, and then more. Not all at once but here and there. It'll all come together.

Try to convince him of the pros for staying near his family, like his children will know their grandparents, aunts, cousins, uncles, stuff like that.

She seems very tiny and I would think for her 3rd pregnancy she'd already be showing, but every woman and pregnancy are different.... It's a toughie.
txmomw2
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:28 AM
Her due date has stayed the same throughout. She has been here(she lives in another state and is supposed to move here with him) since the end of May and was supposedly seeing a perinatalogist but has not changed/found a doctor here. Supposedly she has low fluid and had to have a curcloge(? Stitch to keep her cervix closed) with both her other pregnancies. She should be seeing a doc weekly by now and hasn't seen one since mid may. She has refused to go in to the er when she was "so sick" she couldn't move or eat or anything. She didn't even tell him she was pregnant until she was 12 weeks. My mom works antipartum (high risk pregnancies), I am very familiar with different women showing different. I've been the one defending her but things haven't been adding up. I need to get him to see it and start asking questions before it's to late. I'm afraid he will be even madder if he finds out we knew and never said anything.
MommySchatzi
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:35 AM

It's hard to say. All pregnancies are different and some women still get their period while pregnant. Don't say anything yet, because what if you end up being wrong? Also, it's not really your business, unless she is taking him out to the cleaners or something serious. Just bite your tongue, otherwise you could lose your friend.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM
5 moms liked this

This is one of those situations where I'd probably just wait until the truth plays out. I'm not sure it is your job to get involved.

Be supportive, make sure your friend knows you love him and are always there for him - but probably just don't get involved. If she is lying, there's some deeper sh*t going on there that you probably don't want to step in. If she isn't, you are going to look like a huge jerk at the end of the day.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
She should have had her 20 week ultrasound. Does she have pics to show? I would think the dad would have wanted to see those. I know my husband wanted to see ours. In fact he went along. I don't think if day anything. She can only lie for so long. Eventually she has to produce some babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)