Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Yard Sale

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you think an indoor, rain or shine yard sale is a good idea?   My grandmother passed away 3 years ago, and her house is now in foreclosure, so everything left inside must go.  None of my family or I have room for some of the bigger items, and they are too heavy to carry out (and back in after the sale), so we thought an indoor sale would work best.  I'm just wondering if people will still be enticed to come, when they can't see the items from the street.  I've never even had a regular yard sale, so I really don't know what to expect.  Should we put some things outside, then let people know there are more items inside, or just do indoors?  TIA.

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM

place alot of signs for an estate sale, we see them all the time here and they have everything inside its actually nice to not be standing in the sun. lol

jellybean621
by New Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM

That's what I thought.  Being July and in the south, I figure people would like to get out of the heat.  The electricity is still on, so air conditioning and easy testing of electrical items, I'm hoping, will help.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I was thinking you should say it's an estate sale as well. Some people search those out. Maybe put a few things outside but have the bulk inside.
natural_s
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I went to a yard sale once where the owners had items outside and also inside their home. When we got there they just let us know there were items also inside. It seemed to work well for them besides them having to tell people about the items being inside because there were no signs to suggest that so I agree with the other replies to make specific signs.

Good luck with the yard sale and sorry for the loss of your grandma.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I would list it in the paper or online as an Estate sale.

xtwistedxlovex
by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I think they call those "estate sales". People do go to them.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 10, 2014 at 6:44 AM
I agree.

Quoting mjimaging: I was thinking you should say it's an estate sale as well. Some people search those out. Maybe put a few things outside but have the bulk inside.
jellybean621
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Thank you, all, for you input.  I didn't think of calling it an estate sale.  Sounds lke a good idea.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Advertise as an estate sale. Good luck!

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I agree with everyone else I would call it a Estste sale

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN