Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Essure Procedure

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
  • 18 Replies
Has anyone tried this procedure? It is an alternative to a tubal ligation procedure. I would like to know your experience with the procedure. Was it painful, how long did it take, was there any complications, recovery, local anesthesia, pain medication, consultation, etc.??? Thanks ladies!!
by on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I wouldn't recommend it. I would avoid it like the plague. 2 of my friends had it done and they both ended up having to have hysterectomies because of the Essure. As one friend found out, it can also cause asthma.
incogNinja
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No I have enough scar tissue from c sections lol I wouldn't create more on purpose
AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Quoting Kissybratzmom: I wouldn't recommend it. I would avoid it like the plague. 2 of my friends had it done and they both ended up having to have hysterectomies because of the Essure. As one friend found out, it can also cause asthma.

how does it cause asthma  is it allergic to the springs they use maybe never heard of that so interested in case anyone asks me about it? I thought about getting it done when it was brand new and my doc didn't do it yet I was a lil worried about it being new and well how it worked like long term complications I would have still done it though I think if dh wouldn't of just gotten snipped instead and that my friend was the best decision for me and he did well went out to lunch right after he carried the 2 yr old and put him in the car didnt baby it and had no swelling and was back and work 2days later.

CrystalSapphire
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM
I just heard about this procedure on my local news and Kissybratzmom is right. Some women have abdominal pain and are given hysterectomies to alleviate it. Hysterectomies come with their own set of problems.
MomGirls
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Thanks ladies! This would be a total nightmare to attempt. I'm definitely not getting this procedure! I'll look into some other alternatives.
Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure. She never had asthma before the Essure and was told it was due to that. Now that it's out, no more asthma.

Quoting AmyG1976:

Quoting Kissybratzmom: I wouldn't recommend it. I would avoid it like the plague. 2 of my friends had it done and they both ended up having to have hysterectomies because of the Essure. As one friend found out, it can also cause asthma.

how does it cause asthma  is it allergic to the springs they use maybe never heard of that so interested in case anyone asks me about it? I thought about getting it done when it was brand new and my doc didn't do it yet I was a lil worried about it being new and well how it worked like long term complications I would have still done it though I think if dh wouldn't of just gotten snipped instead and that my friend was the best decision for me and he did well went out to lunch right after he carried the 2 yr old and put him in the car didnt baby it and had no swelling and was back and work 2days later.

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I had the Essure procedure done over 7 years ago. I've never regretted it or have had any issues from it. In fact, I'm glad I chose it over a tubal. I was under general anesthesia and had to recover from that, but otherwise I was back to normal the next day.

It didn't change my periods or make anything more painful. I don't have any issues of any kind. I wouldn't listen to the reply that states it causes asthma. That doesn't make any sense and shows a lack of medical knowledge in regards to this procedure.

AmyG1976
by Silver Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM

okay now I am glad my doc didn't do it yet, when we were ready for something...

MomGirls
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I think the best option is really for the man to get it done verse the woman. With the female there seems to be so many different complications and it's even more expensive, plus the recovery time from the procedure. With men, it seems to be totally different! No complications (unless minor, I haven't heard of any yet), less expensive and very fast recovery! This would be so much better! Eventually I'll have the talk and present my case in the matter. Lol. I feel he will do it though.
MomGirls
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I'm truly happy that everything worked out for you with this procedure. Unfortunately, everyone's body, health, and medical providers are different within certain outcomes. I'm not going to take that risk with my health. It's just the same as not all birth control will work for every woman. I happen to be one of them. I've tried different methods, but they just aren't compatible. But it's awesome you got those results!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I had the Essure procedure done over 7 years ago. I've never regretted it or have had any issues from it. In fact, I'm glad I chose it over a tubal. I was under general anesthesia and had to recover from that, but otherwise I was back to normal the next day.

It didn't change my periods or make anything more painful. I don't have any issues of any kind. I wouldn't listen to the reply that states it causes asthma. That doesn't make any sense and shows a lack of medical knowledge in regards to this procedure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)