Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

*UPDATE. Had Interview*

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 58 Replies

Meh...Very disappointed. Very deceiving. The "headquarters" is in a fancy historical building downtown. It is a marketing firm, but for ONE client: DirecTV. All associates, no matter the position applied for, is required to work from the bottom to the top. And each promoted position is the same for everyone. I applied for HR Rep...there is actually no "official" HR Rep position with this company. Just a fancier word for experienced salesperson. So the job duties as an entry level salesperson is to stand around in a store and ask customers if they have cable/satellite at home and if they would be interested in signing up for directv.  I avoid those people because I dont like being chased down. So why would I want to be one of those people? I do respect their job and I like how the "top managers" had to start from that exact level. But is it really any different from Avon? That company is the avon of directv. If I had a passion for DirecTV and wanted to shout about it to the world, this would be an ideal company to work for. I was expecting to be in an office and assist small businesses with marketing/pr-related tasks. So I was very disappointed. I did get the opportunity to be in the salesperson's shoes for 30 minutes and see for myself what the bottom job entails. Not a fun job in heels though. So I am back on indeed.com lol

Interview is business formal. I already own an amazing skirt suit but the sleeves are short and I have a half sleeve tattoo. So that just won't work lol I hit the stores and these two options fit me the best. And yes, ds photobombed me lol.

Does a swap work?:

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I'll be wearing high heels with the outfit. The dress is sleeveless so I'd have to wear the blazer.

stace31231
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Gotta love the photo bomb:) I like the second one. The first one is a bit more casual which can be a good thing depending on the job but if you're looking for a good first impression the second is best:)

kay283
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the dress better. But they're both nice. Good luck on your interview!
rgba
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Bump, need to pull up on computer to see pics better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd have to see the first one with the shoes; right now it seems way too long. Also, if you go with the first I would wear a higher cut tank and not show cleavage.

The second one looks terrific--that's the one I would pick!

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM

The dress.

natural_s
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I think the dress would work perfectly.

Wishing you best of luck on the interview.

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:58 PM
The second one. Good luck on your interview!
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:00 PM

actually the pants arent long. I have lost weight and they dont fit as good now. S they look frumpy. I didnt have the time to try on pants while I was out but that's on my to do list

Quoting rgba:

I'd have to see the first one with the shoes; right now it seems way too long. Also, if you go with the first I would wear a higher cut tank and not show cleavage.

The second one looks terrific--that's the one I would pick!

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Depends on the job.  If it is with children for example you do not want to be wearing a dress.  For the left choice make sure your boobs are not showing.  Wear low heals for either but oxfords are allowed for pants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)