Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How old was your child when you started having playdates?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi!

How old was your child when you started having playdates? My child is 6 1/2 months old. She is not around any babies or young children. i am worried that she won't know what to do once she is in that situation. We live far away from all of her cousins, so we don't even have the option of her growing up the way I did, always having someone to play with. I live in a small town, so I am also unsure how to go about meeting other moms with kids near the same age as my daughter! Any advice would be great!

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TheBurkers
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM

see if their are any kids/babies classes you could take your daughter too

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I never did any. 

JaciZelko
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I have looked into classes, but they are about 40 min away, and they only hold them in the daytime and I work. but i will keep looking!!

Quoting TheBurkers:

see if their are any kids/babies classes you could take your daughter too

Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I joined a first time mommy group when we were all pregnant so we started play dates pretty early. Now we have moved back to where I grew up but most of my friends either have older kids or don't live nearby so I joined another mom group and the kids are all 15 months-2 years and have play dates regularly. We also have done mommy and me yoga, swim class, music class, tumbling class and met other moms with similarly aged kids. We live in the city so there are a lot of options but I would think you could find something, check your community center. Also try meetup for local mom groups.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Bump!
Breelove01
by on Jul. 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Do you attend a place of worship?  That's a great place to meet other moms and kids.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 11:43 AM
We started pretty young. More so for me to chat and catch up with other people. The kids playing were a bonus!

You can meet other people at parks, story time, etc. I joined a playgroup as well which was nice.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM

We started after our dd was able to walk.  We met a lot of other kids/parents at our local library's story programs and at the park.  

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN