Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

If you're a SAHM and you switched places with your working DH/SO for a day, do you think he'd survive?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM
  • 52 Replies
Why or why not?
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Yes. Our kids are in school so all he'd have to do is clean up around the house.  I could never survive his job, though!

Zazayam
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Sure, but the house would be a wreck and the kids would have had crap for lunch.

I might not make it though, he works hard, lol.

Kaaden
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh yes he'd survive- but would I survive the hours of bitching, moaning and complaining that came afterwards?  Newsflash buddy, it's like that everyday!  Haha

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
He definitely would but I wouldn't because I can't stand things being done wrong(not my way)....lol.
heybooboo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Last time he took the kids on for a full week, he was not a happy camper.  Our older 2 also wore the same outfits 3 days in a row, and our middle son didn't turn in any of his homework, that week.  And eventhough I premade all of their dinners, they had mc donalds every night.  And eventhough I paid for the kids to buy their lunches at school, they some how ran out of money in their accounts.

And the house was a disaster....

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes.

My husband has "Dadderday" every Saturday where he is fully in charge of the kids and the house for the day. It is my one day off. We've been doing it for almost 3 years.

He also took all three kids with him to MI (on a plane no less) for a week to see his parents.

In fact. I think my house would be CLEANER if he was in charge all the time and my kids would be better behaved. Maybe not as happy, haha, but definitely things would be orderly.

linz04060913
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:49 PM

He would survive the day, but not sure if he'd survive when I get home lol

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Bump
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM

He would survive, but school probably wouldn't get done to my satisfaction.  I wouldn't survive though....I'd die during PT. LOL

Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 11:14 PM
He'd survive but I wouldn't be happy when I got home. The house would be a mess and nothing would get done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)