Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Bad Dates

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM
  • 15 Replies

Tell us about one of yours.

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM
I would lol but it would be a 100 page story haha.
Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Being a single mom for so long I've had my fair share, but I have a couple that stand out.

1. When my first DD was younger (3 or 4) I ran into an old classmate online in a local chat room. I agreed to meet him at the park and then go to another former classmates bonfire later. He said he gained a few pounds since school. Didn't think anything of it since I gained a few after having DD. We get to the park and his few pounds was an understatement. He weighed at least 400 pounds, and no, I'm not kidding or exaggerating. He then tells me he can't drive and would need a ride to the bonfire. I didn't want to be mean so I said OK. As I was putting DD in her seat he sat down and the whole car shifted and lowered on the passenger side. Out of nowhere my DD pipes up and said, "You're too fat to sit in my moms car!" I about died. I recently saw him at fireworks and he likes the same.

Years later I had met another guy on a dating website and he drove over an hour to come meet me and take me out to a movie and dinner. The whole time during the movie he kept trying to hold my hand and get touchy feely with me. I wasn't down with that at all. We finished the movie and go eat and then I go home. It was like a huge sigh of relief. About 20 minutes later he called me and told me that he has a shredded tire and no spare. He gave me some line that someone stole the spare out of his car. It was a weekend and late at night so there was no place that's going to fix it. I also want to add that it was winter and very cold out. He then asked me to come get him. After I went to get him he had said he didn't have enough money on him to stay at the hotel for the night and wanted to crash at my place. I was not very trusting since I didn't know him so I called another one of my male friends and made them come over and stay with me, just in case. I don't think I slept a wink that night.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I went on a blind date that was set up by a friend. The guy was actually really sweet, but he had recently got out of a long-term relationship and was clearly still hung up on the girl. He spent the entire night comparing me to her. I ordered dinner, it happened to be what she liked most from there. I picked out a movie. It was one of her favorites. It went on and on. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I went on a blind date with a guy to see a play.  Little did I know that his family had a theatre subscription and that we'd be sitting with his Mom!  

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Can we say awkward?! LOL

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I went on a blind date with a guy to see a play.  Little did I know that his family had a theatre subscription and that we'd be sitting with his Mom!  

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Yikes!

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I went on a blind date that was set up by a friend. The guy was actually really sweet, but he had recently got out of a long-term relationship and was clearly still hung up on the girl. He spent the entire night comparing me to her. I ordered dinner, it happened to be what she liked most from there. I picked out a movie. It was one of her favorites. It went on and on. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jul. 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I know, right?  I never would have gone if I had known that she would be there!  I also forgot to mention that he lied to me about his height which was probably about 5'8".  I'm 5'7' and I wore 3" heels and I was looking down on him whenever we stood.  

Quoting KylesMom409: Can we say awkward?! LOL
Quoting lalasmama2007:

kgbm13
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Post divorce before I met SO I had been on a dating site cheating with a man.  Sounded nice looked ok.  Met him apfor dinner and he was short, round and carrot too.  All turn offs.  No his photo wasn't a very honest either.  I wanted to leave even before I walked in the door with him.  I had my service dog at my side and 10 minutes into dinner I said I had to go due to her alert.  Conversation was dry and was aweful.  Mind you there was no alert and I was laughing on the ride home but I felt bad for faking an alert.

dragonflyvee
by on Jul. 22, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Back when I was in college, I went out with my roommate for New Years. She met a guy who she hit it off with and asked me to try and make nice with his friend. I tried and he was clearly not interested in me. My friend wanted to brig the guys back to our apartment and even though I was super bored, my friend was interested so I agreed. They went in her room. The friend decided he was interested in me all of a sudden and tried to kiss me. I shrugged him off and went to the bathroom hoping he would get the message. I came out and he was RUBBING HIMSELF through his jeans on my bed. I made eye contact and l made a disgusted face and left. When I came back up, he was passed out on my bed. I shook him and told him he needed to leave. He fell asleep on the couch for a while until I couldn't stand it and knocked on roomies door and told them they needed to leave. (Wasn't trying to interfere but we already lived in an unsafe area and I didn't want two strangers in my house while I'm trying to sleep.) 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 22, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Post divorce and pre DH friends of mine convinced me to sign up on a dating site ;  so things were looking up with this one guy, single dad, tall, owned his own home, financially independant, stable job, looked alright from the online pic.  Spoke on the phone & messaged online for about 2 weeks and then I we decided to meet - I saw the perfect opportunity for an afternoon drink.  I had a 2 hour window which was perfect. between lunch with a friend and picking up my dogs at the kennel for 4pm.

Thank God for the 2 hour deal - we met.  He was a very nice guy but needed to see a dentist / orthodontist badly which is a big no-no / turn off for me.  He was clearly WAY into me and I wasn't feeling it.  He tried to kiss me before I left which I cleaverly turned into a hug but that lasted a touch too long for my comfort zone. Then I had to leave, I wasn't even in my driveway that he was texting me telling me he couldn't wait to see me again and that he wished we had more time.  Also that very same day when I checked his dating profile he had set his status as "no longer single" - WHOA !  nay-nay .... scary.  So I backed off and then he obviously was offended.  Then (this is no joke) my dog chewed my cell phone and I lost all my contacts, I wrote to him via the site and told him.  I don't think he believed me and he never contacted me again, dodged a bullet there anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)