Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son and daughter came out

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
  • 24 Replies
4 moms liked this

My 18 year old daughter Amy came out to me  about something last night.She has been good to me about being honest to me.She came out about her sexuality and said it was time to do it.Amy told me that she is bisexual and has a girlfriend also.She has a boyfriend I can't stand and he is not supportive of her about this.Great thing is she knows I am supportive and met her girlfriend last night too.Her name is Terra and she is nice and they have been dating for 3 monthes.My oldest son Trevor,21 years old even came out to me Thursday night,said there is something he likes to do for fun when he is not working on getting his card to be a millwright.Told me he does drag,he is a drag queen and I am supportive of him doing this.He said it all started in Febuary and a friend of his talked him into trying this.So far he likes it and shown me a picture of him dressed as a drag queen.I told him he looked beautiful and going to see him perform Friday night meeting his drag ego for the first time.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud_mom3384
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is absolute gorgeousness how supportive you are to your children!!!  You should totally post some pictures of your son all dressed up! 

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Interesting!!
MaineMammax2
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
So very nice that your children can turn to you and receive the support everyone deserves!! I am 100% behind my children's decisions when it comes to their life choices( granted they are only 7 & 3.) I have already explained same sex marriage since it finally became legal in this state. As long as their choices are not harmful to themselves or others I will support them. Good luck to you and your kids! :)
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM
It's good your supportive of your daughter but I'd have a hard time with her dating two people at the same time.

And I have a friend that dresses like a woman sometimes. He isn't officially a drag queen as I don't think he leaves his house that way but he does decide some days to be a woman. He's in his late 60's so the drag life could be hard on him but he is a performer so it wouldn't surprise me if he went out like that. He's very well known in his area though and I think he tries to keep that part under wraps. He's a great guy and I love him dearly. Have fun at his show.
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it is wonderful you are supportive of your children. We need more parents like you in the world. I have a baby brother well he's not a baby anymore. He at 16 came out he wanted to be a female. He was born with make outside parts but was bborn with female insides.

He will be having his surgery later this year. My family was not supportive of him. He moved so far away to be with a guy who is very supportive. His parents love my brother and pays for his medicine.

My kids are 14,12,10,9 but I will be 100% supportive of them. They are my kids and I love them to peices.

Kiddos mama sounds like you raised awesome kids :)
Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Its great how supportive you are for your kids.  They are very lucky to have you as their mother.  We need more people like you in the world.  Its so nice they can come to you and tell you anything

WarriorMom84
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM

happy dance Best Mom Award happy dance

- Carolyn 

♪♫ We were born to break down doors. Fight until the end.Its something that is inside of us.♪♫

TarheelWife
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:19 AM

It's great that you support your kids! that's what being a mom is all about.

amomof4kidz
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I love my kids for who they are and they are being non destructive.Trevor said his drag name is Danielle Nice.I am looking to meet Danielle Nice Friday night for the first time.Trevor does his own make up now and getting ready.He showed me a video how he does his make up.Amy knew she was attracted to boys and girls in her early teens.She has equal time with her girlfriend and and boyfriend.I have a 16 year old transgendered daughter and I have been supporting her also.My youngest daughter Nikki whom is 13 knows I will be supportive and she can come up to me.

stacy2607
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:06 AM
I think its wonderful that you are so supportive! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)