Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you go back to school shopping

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have started getting some supplies here and there.
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Not until the end of August, beginning of September - right before she goes back to school.  Some stuff I have to hold off on because her teachers don't send home supply lists until after she's back in school.  That's a big pain in the butt because then most of the time it's hard to find those things.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Our school don't have a list lol. Everything is covered but I still buy supplies. I always send my kids with their own stuff. Than extra for the teachers to keep at school for whoever needs them.

Quoting Briesmom38:

Not until the end of August, beginning of September - right before she goes back to school.  Some stuff I have to hold off on because her teachers don't send home supply lists until after she's back in school.  That's a big pain in the butt because then most of the time it's hard to find those things.

notjstasocermom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM
I buy things as I see them but I wait till they are cheap
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Same here

Quoting notjstasocermom: I buy things as I see them but I wait till they are cheap
tapies2324
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
I wait until the last possible moment, but that's just how I roll. Queen of procrastination.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I start a few weeks before. We got the supply list at the end of last year so we're able to start working on it over the summer. I went yesterday got most of the stuff on the list. I only have 2 things left to get. We got the kids some clothes yesterday too. Some jeans and tops. Now I just need to get a couple dresses and some skirts for DD and some shoes and we'll be done. I want to be done by next week because school starts August 11th and I want to be done before everybody starts shopping last minute and it gets crowded.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseWifeMom3
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Starting this weekend since I have 3 to buy shirts and jeans for- already got the shoes

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Not until after school starts and everything goes on sale.  We homeschool so there's no time constraint.

natural_s
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I will more likely be going next week.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I wish she didn't have a list, and of course she has a bunch of teachers and they all require different things,lol

Quoting kyledavidsmom: Our school don't have a list lol. Everything is covered but I still buy supplies. I always send my kids with their own stuff. Than extra for the teachers to keep at school for whoever needs them.
Quoting Briesmom38:

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)