Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

seeking support for everyday life with autism new ideas anything that works from your experiences thank you

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emarin77
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:32 PM

That is a very broad question.  What specific help do you need?  My son was diagnosed with PDD at age 3 and he is 6 now.

carozach
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am wanting to get my son more therapy for his autism how do I go about this?

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Here's a bump for you!
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Check out this group hon. It's all about autism.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775

emarin77
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM

You can start by going to your local public school district and having him evaluated to receive an IEP (individual education plan).  Speech, PT (physical), OT (occupational) therapy are some of the services he can receive.

You can also go private and recieve speech, PT, OT, ABA, Social Skills Therapy.  I suggest going to the Autism group on Cafemom for more info for ABA therapy.

Stephw1110
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:35 PM
How old is your son? You pretty much have two options (well 3 but the third would probably require lots of cash). You can check out your insurance. Depending on where you live and your state coverage some therapies are covered. Or you can either look into your states early intervention programs or your school districts SN program. When was he diagnosed? I know some people aren't fond of this organization, but Autism Speaks has a lot of info for new families to the diagnosis.

Quoting carozach:

I am wanting to get my son more therapy for his autism how do I go about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)