Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feet

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
  • 9 Replies
How to remove children and adults callousnes
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kissybratzmom
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Like dry, cracked feet in general?
Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:23 AM

How old are the kids? I have never seen kids with callouses on their feet... but callous remover and a pumic stone. =) That's what I use on my clients..

-BluEydDvl-
by Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Pumice stone
Emmybrown
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Six and five.. my son has real bad callousness on his big toes only...

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

How old are the kids? I have never seen kids with callouses on their feet... but callous remover and a pumic stone. =) That's what I use on my clients..

Emmybrown
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Mostly callousness cause it really bothers my son

Quoting Kissybratzmom: Like dry, cracked feet in general?
Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Does he have good shoes? Callouses form from rubbing and it's the skins natural way of building a protective barrier. I would just get some callous remover from a local beauty supply store.
1. Soak feet in warm water
2. Apply callous remover to callous with cotton or paper towel, let sit for recommended time on bottle.. (Be sure to keep it on the callous because it will eat away skin, that's its job.)
3. Use a pumice stone or foot file and start scrubbing the callous.
4. Put foot back in water to soak while doing other foot. Make sure to get all callous remover off otherwise it will keep eating the skin away. Don't do too often it will cause soreness, maybe 2x week. Good luck!.

Quoting Emmybrown: Six and five.. my son has real bad callousness on his big toes only...

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

Emmybrown
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Thanks. . He has good shoes maybe it is also from running around bear foot

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde: Does he have good shoes? Callouses form from rubbing and it's the skins natural way of building a protective barrier. I would just get some callous remover from a local beauty supply store.
1. Soak feet in warm water
2. Apply callous remover to callous with cotton or paper towel, let sit for recommended time on bottle.. (Be sure to keep it on the callous because it will eat away skin, that's its job.)
3. Use a pumice stone or foot file and start scrubbing the callous.
4. Put foot back in water to soak while doing other foot. Make sure to get all callous remover off otherwise it will keep eating the skin away. Don't do too often it will cause soreness, maybe 2x week. Good luck!.

Quoting Emmybrown: Six and five.. my son has real bad callousness on his big toes only...

Quoting Spoiled_Blonde:

clairewait
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Take a look at his shoes. Try something with a better fit.

Callouses are a result of rubbing and sweat.

In my experience, the cheaper the shoes, the worse they are on their feet. I've had to give up on buying shoes from places like Walmart and Kmart for that reason - even when I'm just looking for simple things like summer sandals. They KILL my kids feet.

Emmybrown
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I go to pay less and foot locker for shoes for the kids

Quoting clairewait:

Take a look at his shoes. Try something with a better fit.

Callouses are a result of rubbing and sweat.

In my experience, the cheaper the shoes, the worse they are on their feet. I've had to give up on buying shoes from places like Walmart and Kmart for that reason - even when I'm just looking for simple things like summer sandals. They KILL my kids feet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)