Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday parties

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 21 Replies
Do you like to have your kids' bday parties at home or would you rather have them somewhere else?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM

We do birthday parties at home or a local park and rent a large pavillion.I don't like doing the typical kiddie party places as it's always rushed,too crowded,too hot,and just too annoying (I hate taking my kid to other kids' parties at places like that,lol).

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I prefer to have them somewhere else.  If my dd had a spring or summer birthday, I wouldn't mind having a party in our backyard.

mcginnisc
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Easy...we don't have them.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM

At home or the park

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 27, 2014 at 11:54 AM
For now at home, when he is at school maybe something different
Sigmalade
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I would love to have them somewhere else, but this town is small and until like last month only had two options. I was trying to stay in town so no one would complain about traveling. This past May I had ds' on our new back porch and it came out fine. No mess in the house, kids had a ball, cleanup was simple.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Usually at home, if we have them.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Doesn't matter.  We've had them out, we've had them at home.

My dd turns 13 this year, she's not sure what she wants to do, she's talking about taking a few friends out to dinner...  I'm fine with that.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

DidiNeedsSleep
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I have always done them at home, mostly because there are no options in my hometown like Monkey Joe's or anything. We don't even have a fast food place with a playground! So far just having a few friends or family members over to our house has worked well. My older daughter turns 5 this fall and is talking about maybe wanting to take a couple friends to a teeny paint studio instead of a party this year.

VSBSecret813
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I prefer for it to be somewhere else. I have done pool parties/ sleepovers at hotels. BBQ and peting zoo's at a park. Dinner at Downtown disney or Citywalk. I have a winter and summer baby so it always have to be different. But never at home. I do not have it in me to deal with other peoples kids in my house because they never want to leave. Someone always wants to spend the night afterwards

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)