Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be real Ladies

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 17 Replies
How often do you compliment other women? I consider myself cool, cute, & confident. With that out the way when I see women I smile if they're wearing something I like I tell them. I sorta get annoyed when I smile at a woman & get just a blank stare. It also forms a grin on my face when women act ugly for no reason. It just confirms how cool I am... How are you towards strangers be real?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

If I'm being real, you sound highly conceded.  There is a difference between confidence and vanity.

I, however, have no problem telling other women if I like their shoes or whatever.  In fact, just yesterday, I told a woman in Target that I liked her boots.  I don't think that makes me any better but it brought a smile to her face so that was nice.

nurse1997
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM

I like chicks that are not rags and I would also give a quick smile back  :) although I don't care for women that act like their shit don't stink!

WarriorMom84
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM

IRL, hardly ever because i dislike the disgust or awkward look i get in return. Online, all the time.

Sophie1106
by Paula on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Well I don't think I'm that cute or cool lol. But at work I compliment women all the time when they're wearing something I like or their nails or hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JIJsMom
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Not often..and it's usually an untypical hair color, or something most females would judge, that I compliment them on. Why? Because I appreciate different, and I'm different, too.
Goodybag1
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM
It's really sad. A friendly smile could go a long way:)

Quoting WarriorMom84:

IRL, hardly ever because i dislike the disgust or awkward look i get in return. Online, all the time.

Goodybag1
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I'm far from conceded. I'm cool like I said & if I ever saw you out I would flash a smile because that's just me!!👍

Quoting anotherandree:

If I'm being real, you sound highly conceded.  There is a difference between confidence and vanity.

I, however, have no problem telling other women if I like their shoes or whatever.  In fact, just yesterday, I told a woman in Target that I liked her boots.  I don't think that makes me any better but it brought a smile to her face so that was nice.

girlfriendcj70
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM

I compliment often. Yesterday I was at the mall in a store and I told a sales lady I liked her skirt and she said thank you very much.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I often compliment others. 

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jul. 30, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Same here but I always compliment men and woman.

Quoting Sophie1106: Well I don't think I'm that cute or cool lol. But at work I compliment women all the time when they're wearing something I like or their nails or hair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)