Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
So a question with a little side of vent. A few years ago I made a mom friend. Our oldest girls played together and we started hanging out. Right away she started asking for big favors at first I obliged. Then I started feeling used so started backing of the communications. We rarely talk now and are still friendly when we do. She ONLY contacts me when she needs a favor. I usually say sorry no. She keeps on asking. It's usually big stuff like can you come over and watch my 4 kids plus the 2 I babysit plus the dogs I take care of so I can do errands. I am so fed up but feel bad saying so. My husband says tell her to stop texting me until it's about just hanging out or just to chat and not to ask for something. I will just say sorry no once again. What would you ladies say or do?
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with your husband.  She hasn't gotten the subtle hint so be blunt & tell her you're tired of never hearing from her unless she needs something from you.

Goodybag1
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
You know I know someone like that. Almost changed my #.
momofthem311
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM
If you don't put a stop to it then you can't complaint about it anymore. I know it's hard but it's got to be done
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I've quit talking to people that do that sort of thing. It is annoying for sure.
MaineMammax2
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM
I just will feel bad for hurting her feelings. She has some serious issues and thinks the world is against her as it is. I also don't want it to be awkward because we have to go to certain functions involving the girls school.

Quoting momofthem311: If you don't put a stop to it then you can't complaint about it anymore. I know it's hard but it's got to be done
MaineMammax2
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM
It really is irritating! Our girls take riding lessons at the same place and go to the same school so we chat in person on occasion but haven't hung out in a long time. She has so much going on and only calls when she needs something so I stopped talking with her outside of those times and she still calls.

Quoting mjimaging: I've quit talking to people that do that sort of thing. It is annoying for sure.
VSBSecret813
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell her no and tell her why you are telling her now because you feel like you are being used. If she was really a friend then she would understand and say sorry. If she is not a friend then she would get angry stop talking to you so either way it is a win win for you.

MaineMammax2
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM
She will definitely get mad. She thinks people talk about her behind her back and everyone is against her. She sounds kinda crazy when I write it down, lol! I worry about making future interactions involving our girls.

Quoting VSBSecret813:

I would tell her no and tell her why you are telling her now because you like you are being used. If she was really a friend then she would understand and say sorry. If she is not a friend then she would get angry stop talking to you so either way it is a win win for you.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed!

Quoting VSBSecret813:

I would tell her no and tell her why you are telling her now because you like you are being used. If she was really a friend then she would understand and say sorry. If she is not a friend then she would get angry stop talking to you so either way it is a win win for you.

VSBSecret813
by on Jul. 27, 2014 at 7:12 PM

I would talk to your DD about friendships. It would be sad that she would lose a friend because of a crazy mother but we can't keep people around that are not respectful of your family. My DD lost a best friend because i stop talking to the childs mother but she got over it in about two months. Your child will be okay.

Quoting MaineMammax2: She will definitely get mad. She thinks people talk about her behind her back and everyone is against her. She sounds kinda crazy when I write it down, lol! I worry about making future interactions involving our girls.
Quoting VSBSecret813:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)