Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone! new to site! single 32 year old mom of 3!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone!

My name is Tara and I am a 32 year old single mom of 3 beautiful children (2 girls and a boy) ages 6, 3 and 18 months :)

A bit about me:  I currently live in Hawaii- moved here 2 years ago.  I've made some friends, but not too many single moms like myself, so I thought I'd try something like this.  I am originally from Boston and I was a graphic designer and art director for most of my adult life.  Right before I had my 3rd baby, I decided I needed a change.  That we all did!  So I moved to beautiful hawaii! :)  Now I ditched graphic design and created a fun kids product that I sell here locally and online  (lol not plugging or anything, just describing myself and interests).  I chose all inclusive art projects in a jar because I was always trying to find ways to keep my kids occupied in the car or when I had to wait for too long at the doctor, a restaurant, etc.  So, jartzy was born.  (if you do want to check it out...just let me know and ill provide you my website etc or you could probably just google search jartzy haha).  I had intended on free lancing part time but I got lucky and it took off so now I work from home and get to hang out with my kids all day.   the only problem with all day.... as im sure you know....  is the total lack of adult interaction.  I found myself saying "beep beep" to someone when I was walking behind them in the grocery store the other day lol.  I met a mom at the park and she mentioned that she made some great friends here. so here I am!

Besides work and my kids, I like art, swimming, running,and pretending to be musical! I'm always looking for fun ideas for things to do with my kids that can entertain all 3 of them (the age difference makes it hard) so if you have any ideas for that, I am all ears!

Not really sure what else to put here as an intro, but I think im pretty fun?  if anyone knows the ropes for the site and is willing to help me navigate I would love it :)

Thanks and I look forward to meeting new people!!

Tara

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Welcome to the group Tara

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM

welcome

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

prdmama1154
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Hi Tara, welcome :)

Hawaii huh?  Is it as amazing as it sounds?  I've never been but it's on my bucket list. I'd like to see your website if you want to share!

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hi Tara!  Welcome!  I've always wanted to visit Hawaii =)

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Welcome. My husband has a job app in in Hawaii. They are really dragging their feet though and I'm not sure Hawaii is the best move for us. We have several furries and the kids and admitidly, I would have a hard time parting with several to move. So, although I'm sure Hawaii would be a blast, I'm not really ready to say good bye to part of the family.
iamtarat
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  I really like this site so far!  I can't believe I'm only now finding this great forum!!  And yep, hawaii!  It is beautiful for sure...  I will admit I do get homesick and "island fever" as they call it.  but over all it's nice to be in a place with great weather year round and fun outdoor activities for the kids!  If any of you guys end up making it out to hawaii, let me know! I know all the hidden kid friendly gems:)

tara

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:21 AM

welcome to cafemom

I also have 3 kids- boys ages 9, 5, & 16 months. Born and still living in Kentucky with my high school sweetheart. I would love to be closer to a beach! We almost went to Hawaii on our honeymoon but went the cheaper (all inclusive) route with Cancun. I looked up your product and that is awesome!! Such a creative idea:)

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Welcome to the group Tara. I'm Michelle, mom of nine kids, mine are 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 12 months and 2 months tomorrow.

Michelle

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Welcome to the group.  I am Ronda.  I have 3 kids.  My daughter just turned 8 and then I have two boys ages 5 and 2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)