Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm glad DD was sent home from daycare today

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM
  • 11 Replies
Well, sort of. I dropped her off at 9:10 and went straight to work, clocked in, chit chatted with my Mom and then DDs school called. She had explosive diahrea, everywhere. She's not 100% potty trained, so it was a huge mess. The teacher only had her and 2 other children so it was an easy cross over to another room and clean up. Poor babes though. They put a pullup under her panties and a new shirt on. I sent oodles of shirts and no bottoms this week. Oops. I'm bummed because I know there isn't anything medically wrong with her, she obviously ate something within the last 24 hrs that didn't agree with her. But school policy, she had to go home. I spoke with the director and asked about tomorrow, it's a 24 hr timeline on going back which would be roughly 9:30 tomorrow. She wanted her to come back Friday. So I politely pulled the policy up on my phone and showed her and she agreed. (She and I butt heads every now and again.) With no fever, vomitting, diahrea and so forth for 24 hrs without aide of medication the child can return. Ha. I thanked her teacher and we said or goodbyes. So now we're home... I'm cleaning and she's doing her thing. Yay. Fingers crossed she is really OK and not coming down with an actual stomach bug like she had a few months back.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Poor thing.  I hope it was just something she ate.  My son used to get that way to

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Do you still get paid for the day although you aren't there?
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Well, so far so good. She did poo about an hour ago on the toilet (thank goodness!!) and it looked soft. Said her tummy hurt but was better when she was done. Hasn't complained all day though.

Quoting Nicole_2007:

Poor thing.  I hope it was just something she ate.  My son used to get that way to

Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Sort of. With my Mom sick the past two weeks I've work nearly 50 hrs both pay weeks. So I had her hold the extra hours for slow days (which being summer time we have a lot of) rather than take the ot.

Quoting mrsary: Do you still get paid for the day although you aren't there?
anotherandree
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 3:27 PM
The day care policy (when the kids were in it) was 24 hrs from the last episode. That is how they got away with having them out the entire next day. It was frustrating but, then again, I did not want a child with a stomach virus back at school that quickly and infecting my child.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Yuk. My son had a major poop accident at school, had to completely wash him down and change all his clothes but they never called. He is potty trained and did it in his sleep. It wasn't really loose stools but he was kind of embarrassed.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Aww! Hugs to you both!
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Awe poor guy.

It happened months ago too, she was still in pullups. It went in every direction so when they took her clothes off it ended up in her hair. Ack. They tried doing a bath for her with a storage bin, she freaked. So that was fun trying to get her clean enough to leave and more so getting her cleaned up when we got home.

She's always had loose stool, it's a rare thing for her to have hard ones.

Quoting mjimaging: Yuk. My son had a major poop accident at school, had to completely wash him down and change all his clothes but they never called. He is potty trained and did it in his sleep. It wasn't really loose stools but he was kind of embarrassed.
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:54 AM
Thanks. She had no more accidents at home yesterday, yay. So back to school she goes today. :-)

Quoting KylesMom409: Aww! Hugs to you both!
Flaca43
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Aww, I'm sorry. Glad she feels better today!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)