Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What charities do you give to?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 29 Replies
If any? How long have you been donating to them?
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Mostly just to the local food shelf. I've been donating semi-regularly for 6 years.

I also donate goods to epilepsy foundation and a local thrift store that runs another food shelf.
wingsfan1234
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM
The local shelter my family stayed at..when we can usually goods

And either March of dimes or another charity for pregnancy and infant loss
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

We dont have the cash but we donate time

Habitat for Humanity not as much time as we would like since the new build site is too far away from us, but we do what we can....and out mortgage goes to building more homes with them....

my oldest son works 3 days a week at the food bank.

My middle son is going to be starting volunteer time at the Humane Society when their new facility is done.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Bump
ShutUpImTalking
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been donating to St. Jude's for as long as I can remember. There is nothing more awful in the entire world than kids with cancer, imo. It just breaks my heart to pieces. When I die I want my entire estate, everything I have, to go to them.

teaandcookies
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 11:37 AM

food bank, used clothing, shoes, ect.  

Monthy muffin donations to the mens and women shelters.  

bags made with warm socks, mittens, soap, shampoo, tooth paste and tooth brush, and a ten dollars coffee card for the homeless that we give out on Valentines day

camping gear for the summer camps for needy children.

and school bags with school items in the fall.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I donate all clothes, toys, and other goods to a local foundation that has a collection bin near my house;  they raise funds for people with special needs. Every year I also give food to the local food bank so they can make Christmas baskets.

I also believe in randomly paying it forward - from giving a set of almost new tires to my next door neighbor to buying flowers for my mom, just for fun.  Treating the girls at the office to coffee etc.

mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

World Vision- we support a child in Zambia. Our first child aged out last year, so we have a new child now. We have donated for about 10 years now. 

Love Without Boundaries: They work in China giving surgeries to children so they can be adopted either domestically or internationally.

Half The Sky: They work solely in Chinese orphanages to provide clean water, blankets, formula and food. 

Local food bank, local library, Church drives for school and other outreach programs our Church funds, and our Karate dojo does a Thanksgiving basket drive every year. They have a kick a thon yearly for people to sponsor kids doing kicks ( 1000 or 500 depending on the age)..all proceeds go to buying turkeys and trimmings for baskets for needy families in the area. The baskets are $40 each and they raised enough to sponsor 300+ families last year alone. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

SCADMom
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Wounded Warrior Project, they have helped my husband and our family so much.

I also donate at least 3 wreaths each month to fellow caregivers, disabled vets & usually a charity that is going to raffle it off. I just had the honor of making a wreath for a WW2 vet.

Landon2012
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 6:11 PM

In the past we have donated to st Jude but lately money has been tight.I

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN