Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Oops - we found out we are expecting number four! Now what???

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 37 Replies

So I know this is old news as many CM patrons have large families but we were shocked.  This was not planned.  I was on birth control and also EB'ing my 9 month old.  Obviously BFing is not birth control but the ACTUAL birth control I was taking was for sure!!!  And BFing was always like a safety net in my mind considering I haven't even had a period since January 2013!  I am shocked.  Just shocked.  My husband is very happy but I am the breadwinner of the family.  I work full time and he stays home with the kids as he is going back to school.  We had talked about maybe, possibly having a fourth but we had talked about it happening in like three years after he found a job, etc.  My last pregnancy was very hard (no complications, it just took it's toll on me) and we have a 6yo, 2yo and 9 month old already.  I just don't see how I am going to keep working with all these babies at home but I have to!  Any advice from anyone who has ever been in this situation????  I am just very worried and stressed about what will happen.  I am overwhelmed is more like it.  Plus I am terrified of telling my boss.  My work has been wonderful and very flexible throughout my last pregnancy and the first oh, four months or so when she wouldn't take a bottle ever and I was constantly having to run home, etc.  I mean you couldn't ask for a more flexible environment.  But I think I'm expected to be done now - I have three already.  I think they were thinking I wouldn't be giving birth anytime soon.  I'm afraid of losing my job quite frankly.  I know they can't fire me for being pregnant but they can fire me for something else, etc.  I don't know, I am just really worried and my husband doesn't seem to think it's a big deal at all.  He is actually very upset with me because I am worrying.  We fought about it.  But I think that's easy for him to say when he doesn't have to carry the children, give birth to them, nurse them and go to work to support them.  This is just all very overwhelming.  Anyone else have something like this happen?  How do you cope????

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Congrats! Here's a bump!
nurse1997
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

You have a right to be worried although they can not fire you for being preggers they can find fault in something else to get rid of you just as a way out! Good luck you are gonna need it :)

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Ooh, I have no idea. I only have two and I'm overwhelmed. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Good luck. I'm sure it will work out.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I agree, hun. Hugs!

Quoting mjimaging: Good luck. I'm sure it will work out.
Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I went through this with my 5th child. I did not run home though. Dan brought the baby to me because I'm at work. It just made sense. I nursed in my office with Dan and our youngest daughter there and the door shut. I would clock out for a full half hour and stayed a little longer in the day. It was perfect for us.

janessa27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Congrats and good luck! We have 3 boys now and are debating on a #4. If it was all up to DH- we would have 10 by now. It will all work out for ya:)

smarker21
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Yeah I work for a catholic hospital so I really hope they don't do that. I mean our health insurance doesn't even cover bc for goodness sakes (my husband is a marine reservist so we buy tricare instead). We will see :(

Quoting nurse1997:

You have a right to be worried although they can not fire you for being preggers they can find fault in something else to get rid of you just as a way out! Good luck you are gonna needs it :)

smarker21
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Thank you! I just really need the encouragement! And yeah same here we would have like 10 if my husband had his way!

Quoting janessa27:

Congrats and good luck! We have 3 boys now and are debating on a #4. If it was all up to DH- we would have 10 by now. It will all work out for ya:)

smarker21
by Member on Aug. 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Glad I'm not the only one!

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I went through this with my 5th child. I did not run home though. Dan brought the baby to me because I'm at work. It just made sense. I nursed in my office with Dan and our youngest daughter there and the door shut. I would clock out for a full half hour and stayed a little longer in the day. It was perfect for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN