Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Music....

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM
  • 23 Replies
So I've excepted that the music when I was a child is considered old (hair bands).. But today I'm listening to classic rock and music when I was a TEEN came on!!!!

I think I'm feeling my age. Oh and the other day I hear these teens say how they like OLD music while listening to Green Day lol

where did the time go?? Anyone else feeling this way.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ruthzaad
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I do sometimes but I just enjoy my music off my phone. I'm kind of scared of the music coming out these days, if it can truly be called music lol
EvansMommy31605
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Oh I agree!!
I don't even like to turn the radio in the car on sometimes lol

Quoting Ruthzaad: I do sometimes but I just enjoy my music off my phone. I'm kind of scared of the music coming out these days, if it can truly be called music lol
Ruthzaad
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Same here, these days there are more commercials and people talking than music. It drives us crazy so we just plug in our phones or blue tooth music. With so many free music apps out there it's easier than scrolling through stations and listening to music that either blows or you have no clue who or what it is lol
SuperPickle
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a classic rock station my dad loved and  I have listened to since I was a kid....I was a little perturbed when they started playing music from "my time" on it LOL....

jaytee
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly this!

Quoting SuperPickle:

There is a classic rock station my dad loved and  I have listened to since I was a kid....I was a little perturbed when they started playing music from "my time" on it LOL....

EvansMommy31605
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM
That's what happened!! I was listening to music my parents listened to and outta nowhere BOOM there it was! Lol

Quoting SuperPickle:

Mrs.Bolin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. I listen to my metal in my car and my 80s and 90s on my phone when doing house work

SCADMom
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:31 AM
1 mom liked this

What makes me feel really old is when they call 80's music "retro"....errrr Noooooooooo!!! 

Glitter-Cat
by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel exactly the same. The last time I turned on Oldies, 80's music was playing. That sure made me feel old!

Quoting EvansMommy31605: Oh I agree!!
I don't even like to turn the radio in the car on sometimes lol

Quoting Ruthzaad: I do sometimes but I just enjoy my music off my phone. I'm kind of scared of the music coming out these days, if it can truly be called music lol
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah they play hair bands and grunge bands on the "classic" rock station I listen to, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN