Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice for 6yr old potty issues.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
Today we was laying around and my niece pointed out that there was turds on the floor. After asking him a few time my 6yr old admitted to it and said he got to busy with his legos. While I was in his room collecting legos to put away I came across his wet pj's from last night. We have had peeing the bed issues in the past so we make sure to stop drinks at 7.30. But he messed the bed last night and kept his wet undies on because he knew I would notice if he changed them.

This not using the potty because he was busy is a new issue and I don't know what to do about it. Also he seems to have a hard time getting his tush clean. He has gotten a few rashes and I'm all the time seeing messes in his underwear. What do i do???
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM
I don't have any helpful advice but here's a bump for good luck!
Hevmccann
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Lol thanks :)

Quoting KylesMom409: I don't have any helpful advice but here's a bump for good luck!
clairewait
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM

It is a little alarming that he is 6 years old. This seems like it might be okay at 3 or 4, but 6?

Does he have a developmental delay? Is he acting out? (Not to go to the most extreme place, but often strange bathroom habits popping up after they've not been there can be an indication of sexual stuff or abuse...)

I'm not an expert but this is something I'd take straight to my pediatrician.

As far as wiping clean, I think that is a little more normal at that age for boys. We have wet wipes on the back of every toilet for #2 and teach our kids to wipe, fold, wipe, until the wipe comes off clean. You should probably get back to basics for a little while and assist him in the potty, or at least monitor him doing it correctly until you feel confident he can do it on his own.

I mean. 6 is like school age. This would be a big problem if it starts happening at school.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:06 PM
He might need a doctor. Some kids can't feel it. I had two boys like this but it was different issues with each of them. We ended up with a urologist.
Hevmccann
by on Sep. 4, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Made an appointment... will keep you posted.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Glad to see you made an appt. hope he gets some help
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Me too. Keep us posted!

Quoting e-doolittle: Glad to see you made an appt. hope he gets some help
Hevmccann
by on Sep. 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Thanks ladies :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)