Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no I'm late!!

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so  I'm trying not to panic. Patient history.. Tubal at age 24 age now 38.  Married 17 years happily . 

My last . Was July 5 usually I'm pretty clock work and my pms kicks in pretty strong so I know it's coming . Not this month. I haven't gotten anything. No pimple or grumpies or anything. I'm trying not to worry bc I know that makes it worse but dear lord what if? I haven't bought a test yet bc hubby will roll his eyes at me if I buy one bc he says u ain't prego. So here I am quietly wondering what in the heck is going on. Can someone please convince me not to worry abt it? Could it be perimemopause already? I'm adopted so I can't ask my adopted mom abt hers nor can I ask my bio mom bc she's dead. 

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kissybratzmom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Eekkk. Idk. Stranger things have happened. I've heard of tubals coming undone, but hopefully that's not the case. I've got my fingers crossed for you.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Could be early menopause.

lizfnf
by Liz on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM
That's what I was thinking too. I wouldn't worry just yet, especially since your surgery was done so many years ago with no oopses. Mine fluctuates quite a bit and I've been on the same pill for years.

Quoting DACIA79:

Could be early menopause.

SissySmurf
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Take it from someone who is having a tubal tomorrow after her c-section, the video I watched not even two months ago said that you can still get pregnant even with your tubes tied. That's why, I guess, it's so popular these days to get them tied and burned. 

I can't convince you not to worry but I can tell you that worrying will mess with your period even more so if you aren't wanting to buy a test right yet, you really do need to try to find a way to kinda calm down because the stress and worry could be what is playin' with your cycle. The menapause thing you mentioned makes sense. 

If you haven't started in the next couple days - maybe midweek, I'd make a doctor's appointment. Tell hubby that your period is late and you wanna go in for a check up, the second you tell them you're late, they'll do a pregnancy test - thereby killing "two birds with one stone" so to speak. 

Good luck!  

jcmaidens
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM

<<<<<hates getting older !!!  

nurse1997
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM

So get a test and dont tell him it is as simple as that !

ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Stressed lately?
jcmaidens
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Nope nothing unusual I took a couple perimenopause quizzes . And did a lot of reading. Sounds like that's what's going on. Just really darn early. Is 38 too young for it? What do u think?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)