Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Feel like giving up

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband and I are struggling and I want a job so bad and I am having issues finding one. I have asked God to help me get a job and he won't. It seems like it's one thing after another. First my heart problems, then my son got sick and then my daughter had to have a MRI grant I'm sure she is fine but I wish they would call me back so I would no for sure.
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
9-6-7months
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Quoting Apr1l: Sorry

Thank you I am emotional today.
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

hugs

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

9-6-7months
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Quoting Briesmom38:

hugs

Thank you so much
sdgd21
by Diana on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Have you asked God why? I've became a SAHM mom while life got 'real' for us, I've gone 6 years now strong. At the time I was freaking out! But I am so happy now. God gave me the desires of my heart, but in the way I planned ;-). 

sdgd21
by Diana on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Oh and let me add it gets hard! I know. But it'll work out ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

sdgd21
by Diana on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM
I feel ya. While DH has a job, the pay is awful. He needs a new job but has been looking for four years. I just keep saying, god has a plan and what needs to be will be.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Quoting mjimaging: I feel ya. While DH has a job, the pay is awful. He needs a new job but has been looking for four years. I just keep saying, god has a plan and what needs to be will be.

This! While I am super grateful that my husband has a job and his hourly pay is ok for this area, there is next to no over time for the past 2 years and that's where the money is made. He's been wanting to go offshore but no one is hiring in what he has experience in. In order for him to change careers he'd have to take a huge pay cut and we are already struggling. 

By the way OP.....I prayed for a job for a while. One literally fell into my lap out of thin air. However for some reason we are struggling more NOW than before! Things just keep coming up...I've been here since April, getting paid every week and we are still living check to check. Bills go up, someone gets sick (and makes more bills), gas goes up, etc. The list is long. Not to mention my co worker is bi-polar. That's a whole other issue right there. But it's not far from home, it's easy, I get paid weekly and they work around my kids school hours so I stay. 

I'm "battling" with God over so many things right now. I am a control freak and letting go and letting God is easier said than done for me. Trying to find a church that's a good fit for both us and the kids, finances, family stuff, DH's job......but I'm trying to be patient with Him. Good luck with what you are facing. 

wedding countdown
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Quoting 9-6-7months: I have asked God to help me get a job and he won't.  

Be careful with that.

My husband and I also went through a period of somewhat serious financial stress, and it would have been really easy to say it was all God's fault. Haha. But we were blessed, even in our struggle.

It's hard to look at it that way, but we had to and we had to just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Things did turn around and it was much easier to see how well we were actually taken care of than neglected, even though many days would have been much easier to just give up on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN