Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Best Friend(s)

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM
  • 22 Replies

Copying off an idea from a post I saw....

Who is/are your best friend(s)? Where did you meet and how long has it been? What makes them exceptional? Post a pic!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM

one moved to colorado, the other moved to north carolina. :(  Thank goodness for the best friend I'm married to. He better not move anywhere without me lol the one in colorado shares very similar parenting values as me as well as vegetarian lifestyle. We shared so much together. The bf in north carolina, we have a ton of memories together. She was also one of the very first people I met when I moved down here. I miss her a lot.

by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I have 3 people other than my husband whom I consider "best" friends. The one I've known the longest is the godmother to my children. I met Amanda when we were 5 years old and we've been inseparable ever since.

The next one I've known since my freshman year of high school and he's the godfather to my children. He's like a brother to me. He's helped me through some rough life events and always stuck through it all. He's getting married this December and I'm so excited!!

My 3rd is Tara and we met online through the army. She's like the other part of my brain. Seriously.

Obviously my husband is my bestest friend ever, but those three people above have dropped everything to help me, would still do so today, and I'd do the same for them (and have) too.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I don't have any. I don't trust people enough.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM
The girl I call my best friend , I'll say her name is Lisa.. I have known since 2010 when we were pregnant with our now 4 year old boys. I don't feel that we have a lot in common, but she is one of my husbands best friends wives so it's always been more of a friendship of convenience. We have had one major falling out and a couple of smaller tiffs here and there , but she is almost all I have irl. My best friends from growing up / high school/ etc are too different from me now. One had a baby at 27 and isn't married , one has no kids and also doesn't look like she will ever get married. That isn't my life at all. I've been married since I was 18 and now I have 5 kids ! So yeah , we just have little in common anymore. It sucks but whatever. I am pretty much too busy for friends anyway :(
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM
My best friend moved in two houses up the street from me when we were 6. We're 37 now.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I met my best friend two and a half years ago when we started going to our martial arts school. I didn't become close to him until this last March though when something bad happened to me and he was my rock. He's been there for me whenever I was in need. He's probably the best person I've ever met. He's also a blast to be around and I love that he's part of our family (the kids adore him). 

I won't share a pic though b/c he wouldn't like that. 

by Shauna on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Other than my husband ;) My best friend would be someone that I work with. I've known her for 11 years. She's a great listener. I can trust her with anything. She's just a really supportive friend.

by Unique Yanique on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM
My best friend's name is Tywana. We have been friends since we were 4 and 6. We are now 38 and 40. I love her dearly. She has always been there for me. A shoulder to cry on any time day or night. She knows all of my secrets and I know hers.
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I don't have someone that I consider a best friend, aside from my husband.

by Linnette on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM
My SIL is my best friend. She and I can talk to each other about anything. We've known each other for over 15 years, long before she married my brother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)