Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

looking for help ( female issues)

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM
  • 17 Replies
Ok so I'm going to be 32 soon and for the last 6 months I've had a hard time with my monthly cycle.
Has anyone else dealt with this?

Here's my list of issues:
Cycle on two days off one and back again for over a week.
Fits of rage (aimed at my poor DH) I don't realize I do this until after it happens. According to DH I yell at him A LOT.
Emotional mess. Anything can make me cry...seriously, anything!
Cramps far worse than the three days of active labor I endured with my DD.
I'm too hot, then I'm freezing....back and forth.....all the time!
Forgetfullness...can't remember what I was doing or forgetting where I put something. Super annoying!

Ok so a little history on me. After delivering my DD I had a tubal ligation performed. My DH and I decided we were happy with our 2 kids. Also my DH is a diabetic and couldn't have a vasectomy due to risk of infection etc.
Is this normal? Is it the beginning of menopause?? I'd go to my dr office but can never get an appt in the same week and my work schedule fluctuates constantly.

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ruthzaad
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I had similar symptoms after I had my youngest kiddo. It sounds like perimenopause. It's like menopause but it occurs in youger women and you are still fertile and get a menstral cycle. Mine lasted 2 years. It sucks :-(

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/perimenopause/basics/definition/con-20029473
Ruthzaad
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM
BTW I also had a tubal ligation after him, that's what caused me to go through it.
strictmomhere
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like hormones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodemote2
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Thanks for the input ladies! Yes some of it is hormonal, I knew that already but my obgyn told me at 28 that I had entered premenopause and at that time my cycles were still "normal". Now they aren't and I'm hoping the end is near!(for my female issues) lol

Quoting Ruthzaad: I had similar symptoms after I had my youngest kiddo. It sounds like perimenopause. It's like menopause but it occurs in youger women and you are still fertile and get a menstral cycle. Mine lasted 2 years. It sucks :-(

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/perimenopause/basics/definition/con-20029473
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump and a hug!
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Sounds like early menopause. I would also research Tubal ligation syndrome which also describes all of your symptoms.

After reading the side effects and talking to others about side effects I was terrified to get a tubal ligation
Landon2012
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:37 AM

You can still get pregnant even if you got your tubes tied my sister knew a neighbor that got her tubes tied and ended up pregnant with twins. Good luck

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Check out Ultimate Women's Wellness and read the reviews.

My mom rec'd this as the only thing that got rid of her menopausal hot flashes and other side effects. I took it for PMS and within 2 months, I was a new woman.

I'm off B/C, chart my cycle and my moods, and was working with my doc to figure out how to get rid of bad PMS. We tried progesterone therapy for a while, but in the end, this pill was about a billion times better. I'm off it now because I'm pregnant, but plan to start up again 6 months after baby is born.

Goodemote2
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I'm not terribly worried about pregnancy as my DH and I aren't "active" at all. I will try to do some more research on my symptoms and will definitely check out tubal ligation syndrome...never heard of that one! Thanks ladies for all the help!
WickedOpal
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine did that and the clotting got so bad that I ended up having surgery to fix the overly thick lining I developed every month.  I went from craziness to sweetness in less than two months after surgery.  I also have periods that are 1-2 days max and super light now.  It was the best thing ever!  

I had an ablation, BTW.  DR used a balloon filled with hot hot water to burn off and scar the inside lining of my uterus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN