Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I am too old for another Baby??

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM
  • 86 Replies
2 moms liked this

I reallly want one more child!!!!  I feel like should be grateful for the 2 wonderful kids I have, I'll be 37 years old in January and think maybe I'm too old?  Dh just turned 41!  Anyone else have babies in their late 30's what was your experience?

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I had my youngest at 34 and my SO was 44. To each their own. Just keep in mind that you would be considered high risk and would require more appointments (more co-pays), and it's another 18 year (at least) requirement. Good luck either way.
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you're too old.  I know many women who have had babies in their late 30's/early 40's and everything was okay.  If you do plan to have another, I would start trying sooner, rather than later though.  Good luck!

kristlati
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I go back and forth on the decision all the time!  I just feel like there is a piece missing!!  But then I think like kissbratzmom said, it's another 18 years (only because I will be like 54 when they graduate) and maybe a grandma....lol!!!

Nicole_2007
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My aunt had hers at the age of 40 and I know someone that was 41 and they both have healthy kids.  I don't thnk your to old

fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Well I was 40 when I had my last.  No issues other than GD.  I don't regret it.  He was #4. As long as you have no other risks NO you will NOT be considered high risk or require any more appts.

I was 25, 26, 34 and 40 when I had my kids.  I have one going off to college next year and will have a 3yr old still at home.  I will be 58 when he graduates high school with a 33yr old, 32yr old, 24yr old and 18yr old.  LOL.  I am loving every minute of it and would have regretted it if we didn't have him.

fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

This is not true.  I had my last at 40.  I was never considered high risk and I never had one more appt. than I had with any of my others.  You're not considered high risk unless there is an actual reason to be and age is not a reason to be considered high risk. 

Quoting Kissybratzmom: I had my youngest at 34 and my SO was 44. To each their own. Just keep in mind that you would be considered high risk and would require more appointments (more co-pays), and it's another 18 year (at least) requirement. Good luck either way.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 36 and pregnant with our third girl. I kinda wanted a boy so I don't know if I'm done.
kristlati
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Well I was 40 when I had my last.  No issues other than GD.  I don't regret it.  He was #4. As long as you have no other risks NO you will NOT be considered high risk or require any more appts.

I was 25, 26, 34 and 40 when I had my kids.  I have one going off to college next year and will have a 3yr old still at home.  I will be 58 when he graduates high school with a 33yr old, 32yr old, 24yr old and 18yr old.  LOL.  I am loving every minute of it and would have regretted it if we didn't have him.

See that is exactly how I'm feeling!!!  I don't want any regrets!  And I know there is someone missing from our family!! 

My only issue ...if it is even a real issue...my last baby was  a c-section, not sure if that would make me high risk.

My MIL had my SIL at 40, she just graduated from college this year.  MIL didn't seem to have any issues keeping up with her...lol

fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Nope that still won't make you high risk. 

Quoting kristlati:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

See that is exactly how I'm feeling!!!  I don't want any regrets!  And I know there is someone missing from our family!! 

My only issue ...if it is even a real issue...my last baby was  a c-section, not sure if that would make me high risk.

My MIL had my SIL at 40, she just graduated from college this year.  MIL didn't seem to have any issues keeping up with her...lol

Libbah
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I go back and forth with this all the time.  I will be 38 in February and have two children from a previous marriage.  I am recently married and would love to have a baby with him, but the economy screwed with both of our incomes and I am back in college full time now.  It would really be poor timing, but at my age I can't afford to wait until we are in a better place.  DH worries about our ages and about another 18 year commitment, but I love being a mom so that part doesn't phase me as much as it does him.  It's a moot point, I guess, because we haven't used protection in 2 years and haven't gotten a single BFP.  We could move on to fertility treatments, but because of the aforementioned financial issues it seems irresponsible so I have made peace with no more kids.  It sucks because I would have loved to have that experience with him.  Sorry for my ramble and to answer your question I definitely do not think you are too old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN