Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

This has been discussed but never read a post.

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 46 Replies

My DH wants to have our 9 yr old shave her legs because he feels they are too hairy. I still think she is too young and it can wait another year. Though she likes to wear dresses a lot and started wearing a bra. I was told by my neighbor her daughter uses Nair but I am allergic to Nair so what do I do to show her how to use it?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM
My DD is 8 and I can't imagine her shaving but she hasn't hit puberty yet. I would wait until she is 13 or 14 personally.
Rebecca7708
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Let her be a kid! Has she asked about it? Why the hell does your husband care if her legs are hairy or not? That's kind of a weird thing for him to say.
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are allergic, them don't have her use it. Also if you don't think she is old enough to shave her legs then tell your husband no.
aj23
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I started shaving my legs at 8 because I was very hairy and have black hair on fair skin so it was really noticeable. I got picked in for it and stopped wearing shorts and dresses for a while because of it.
For instructions on how to use Nair check on the website or even YouTube. There's likely a video somewhere that will help.
Be careful with it though, I'm not allergic to it but I can't use it because it causes chemical burns on my legs.
LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM

No she hasnt but then again I have to fight with her to wear a bra everyday and fight with her to wear shorts under her dresses LOL

Quoting Rebecca7708: Let her be a kid! Has she asked about it? Why the hell does your husband care if her legs are hairy or not? That's kind of a weird thing for him to say.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I did, told him it can wait another year.

Quoting anotherandree: If you are allergic, them don't have her use it. Also if you don't think she is old enough to shave her legs then tell your husband no.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Gah.

There are so many things currently driving girls to grow up too fast. Sad that your husband doesn't realize what he's contributing to.

I say 9 is too young. It is hard to imagine even CARING about leg hair at 9 years old...

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I don't think she is old enough to shave.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I think I was in middle school when I started getting teased. I think 9 is too young though. DD started just in the last year. She's 14.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I would wait until your dd complains about having hairy legs before letting her shave/use Nair.

My dd was close to 11 when she learned how to shave. She had super hairy legs and it drove her nuts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN