Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My last child started school...now what?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
Now that the day finally came I'm completely lost. All four of my kids are in school. 1 high school, 1 middle school and 2 elementary. I became a mother at 17 and now 15 yrs later I don't know what to do with myself. I've worked part time in the past but now that dh is a trucker and travels more I really don't know what to do. What happens next? Lol it's been almost a week and I'm getting lonely being home with the dogs. Guess I'll start looking for a part time day job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd find something fun to do.
lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Do stuff for you!  I am taking the Fall 2 semester classes at my local college this semester just so I can have a month all to myself.  No pressures, or obligations for 6 hours.  I love it!

diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

woohoo

My children are all in school now to! I also have one in high school, one in middle school, and two in elementary school.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep I'd get a part time morning job.
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If you do not need the income ma6be find a place to volunteer during the morning?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If I felt like sending my kids to school I'd probably go back to school.  But, I do my kids school, so I'll wait until they are older. :)

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

SweetMama823
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Good idea! What classes are you taking? And for what are you going to study for?

Quoting lizfnf:

Do stuff for you!  I am taking the Fall 2 semester classes at my local college this semester just so I can have a month all to myself.  No pressures, or obligations for 6 hours.  I love it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuckIt69
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I always dreamt of the day they'd all be in school.....oh....the manis/pedis, all the books I would read, the shows I would watch, the wine I would drink.....

But, I'm homeschooling now, so the dream is gone. Lo.

But maybe you could volunteer somewhere. I've always wanted to volunteer to hold babies at orphanages.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Read. Deep clean your house. Get a massage. Try a new place for lunch every day. Volunteer. Take a course in something that interests you. 

lizfnf
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
This fall I'm finishing up at our local community college and sending all my transcripts to local 4 year schools. I'm taking abnormal psychology, statistics, and biology. I'm majoring in psychology with a concentration in addiction.

Quoting SweetMama823: Good idea! What classes are you taking? And for what are you going to study for?

Quoting lizfnf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN