Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are you sentimental?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
Recently I have realized how different I am compared to others in regards to treasuring keepsakes. I have a baby book but I don't feel sentimental about some things like keeping the hospital bracelet or keeping my babies lock of hair. I like videos and pictures but I am realizing how other mothers are more sentimental about their babies keepsakes. I just don't feel like it is important. My mom only has a few pictures of me and she didn't have a baby book for me to look at. I am doing the baby book for my daughter and also to remember all her first moments. I feel different than the older generation.
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I can be but I don't have all the little keepsakes from when my kids were babies. I don't even know what to do with their teeth. I want to just chuck them. Maybe we should bury them and have a tooth garden. Lol. I love pictures and they do choke me up now and then.
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Yes I am!
My youngest son lost a tooth last week outside. We tried to look for it and had no luck, I'm still sad about it but I will get over it.
FoodieBacon
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I am not sentimental at all, but I think it has more to do with me not liking things to pile up. I don't want to be one of those people with a garage full of stuff that we never use! lol

MeAndTommyLee
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I am extremely sentimental! Trouble is, we have 7 kids and if I kept every single 'first' everything from each of them plus all the crafts, mothers day cards, gifts and little scribbles we would need to rent a storage locker. Believe me, I tried. DH almost lost his head when he realized we were hauling boxes and boxes filled with baby stuff from 24 years ago to out new house last year. And then of course I have all of my late mothers belongings! I can let go. She died so young and I find comfort in those keepsakes. They are priceless to me.
Bresmom13
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I am very!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Things like what you described, yes. I keep those in case my kids want them. But keeping an old, ugly decoration because somebody gave it to me, no. I don't look at items with a sentimental value. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Some I am terrible about organizing it though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)