Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Going to adopt

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

My huband and I are going to adopt someone special in my life,my 12 year old niece Caitlynn and she is happy about it.My cousin Lisa is not doing good,has cancer and she said Caitlynn would be better with my husband and I.Caitlynn looks up to me,she likes cars and getting her hands dirty.The situation is great,her no good bio dad did sign his parental rights away already.Caitlynn says I have shown her that boys can girls can do anything boys do.I aleady taught her how to weld and operate a torch,she likes to learn how to do this.My sons are cool about it,had the talk with her.Caitlynn is living with us now and adjusting greatly.

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

That's great. 

irishmamato2
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:28 PM

That's great!

MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 7:53 PM

That sounds like a really great situation!  OK other than the cancer.  But you get what I mean I hope.

motherslove82
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Is her mother terminal? I guess I don't understand why she can't stay with her mom for whatever time her mother has and then come to you. I'm glad she has you to love her and teach her, though.

amomof2sons
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Her mom is terminal and in the hospital now.My cousin Lisa has stomach cancer that is terminal.4 weeks ago,she was told it was not looking good.Cancer is spreading and is near death and she is only 37 years old.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM

OMG, I'm so sorry about your cousin. That is so sad. It's great that you can adopt her daughter though. Just be prepared for her to be heart broken about losing her mom & maybe becoming angry or depressed (I'm sure you are already). I wish you & your family all the luck in the world :)

amomof2sons
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Good thng is Caitlynn is seeing a grief counsoler that is preparing her when her mom  goes.I take her to see her mother in the hospital,her mom is in pain.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 29, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear about your cousin. That's so sad. I hope all goes well with the adoption..
amomof2sons
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Caitlynn is one smart young lady too.My husband and I have been good to her through this.It is going to be hard for me when Lisa goes,she has been a good friend also in my life

amnesialand69
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 1:24 AM
That is awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN