Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Had to buy a new vehicle

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

I had to buy a new vehicle.I had a 2005 Ford Escape that was becoming a money pit.It has been this way this year for it,had 3 coils go bad in Janaury including both front wheel bearings.Transmission went out in Febuary replaced with a good used transmission.It was on Monday I got the bad news,something in the engine went bad and my wise mechanic Randy told me it was better off buying  another vehicle.Went shopping around and saw a 2011 Chevy Equinox I was interested in from a private seller.Test drove it and had my mechanic check it over,said it was a good vehicle.Purchased it yesterday afternoon and I already transfered the plate off my escape to this one.So far it is has been a great vehicle.I sold the Escape this afternoon to a guy having him signing an as is slip I made out.

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Aug. 30, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Congrats!

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I'm glad you got a new vehicle and I'm glad you're happy with it! 😊
nurse1997
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

So you dumped the car on someone else karma is a bitch I really hope you disclosed the engine problem !!!!

amomofonekid
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I did telll the buyer the engine was bad,bought it for parts for his 2005 Escape

Quoting nurse1997:

So you dumped the car on someone else karma is a bitch I really hope you disclosed the engine problem !!!!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:06 PM
I have a 2010 Equinox, I love it!
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Congrats!
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Congrats. We have a money pit of a vehicle too but we've put so much in it would be a massive loss to sell. So for now we fix it.
amomofonekid
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:05 AM

My Escape ate two alternators also.I am learning about my 2011 Equinox too.Mechanic showed me the oil cap and educated me on the manditory engine oil that has to used only.Uses Dexos oil only,GM voids the warranty on the spot if not used.The oil change is not going to be cheap.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM
We looked at the equinox once upon a time. Looks like a great car:)
klynns2480
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I just bought a new car too! I love it bought a Ford Flex so much more space than squeezing kids and their stuff into a tiny Toyota. Congrats on the purchase

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)