Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

What do you do to get your kids to enjoy school?

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 10 Replies
What's their favorite thing about school, if anything?
by on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sophie1106
by Paula on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:55 PM
So far they like school. They like their friends and teachers. They both think school is fun...for now at least lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids love school. I didn't do anything special just instilled a love of learning in them from the day they were born.
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 5:58 PM
He loves his friends, his teachers and after care. None of which stops him from whining all morning that he wants to stay home and play trains all day *sigh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM

My oldest son likes gym and science. He is in middle school this year and it's been a big transition. My youngest son likes recess and his teacher. He also transitioned to a new building this year. We were so happy when we found out he has the same teacher for 4th grade that his brother had.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Still I. Kindergarten. He loves it
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I just encourage DS to continously try his best, learn from his mistakes, and show him how enjoyable school can be overall by having conversations about his day, each and every day.  His favorite subject right now is math. Maybe he can teach ME a thing or two because math has always been my worst subject! LOL

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM

So far my son loves school... I'm just crossing my fingers he keeps that attitude.  We have just always made learning new things the coolest sounding thing ever and so far it works on him.  And he's never had any major negative experiences at school, I think that can make a difference.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM

My daughter just has a natural love for it. I never have trouble getting her to go and she's often bummed when summer rolls around. 

My son has hated school since day 1. This year is different. He's in 7th grade and is finally able to play sports for the school and this is his motivation. I never have trouble with him in the morning anymore, nor do we have issues with him doing homework or studying anymore. 

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 11:11 PM

We homeschool.  They love being able to stay home and it only taking 4-5 hours to do school, and that usually we're done with school by lunch time and they have plenty of free time to do other things.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 6, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My dd enjoys school because it's her big social time with her friends.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN