Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 37 Replies

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?  Where did you go?  Do you travel a lot?

travel

We started traveling a lot once my daughter was about a year old. We've brought our kids to San Diego, Disney, Jamaica, and Rio for the World Cup this past summer. My DH works so much we need to get on a plane and fly away somewhere for him to really unplug and relax!

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Of course I've taken my dd on trips.  When I lived in AZ she was back and forth to NJ starting at 2 months old.  She's been to Disney a couple of times, San Francisco, San Diego, Sea World, Virginia Beach NYC and Mystic CT.  I'm sure I'm forgetting a few here and there,lol  But she pretty much comes with me where ever I go.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

momofthem311
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Yep. When I was single with my daughter we we went to Arizona to visit my sister and my dad. After I met my husband and we had our son, we've taken the kids on many small road trips within Texas and one from Arizona to Texas when we still lived in Az. A couple summers ago I took the kids to North Carolina, to visit my sister and mom and cousins, nieces, nephews.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:51 AM
DD has done a lot more. She's been to Mexico and a bunch of places in the US. She's lived in five states. ODS has lived in three states and he's been in a plane to visit family. The youngest is five months and he's been camping but no where too far. His first big trip will be a bike ride next summer when he's one. It is supposed to last five or so days. He's been in numerous day trips though.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM
We've gone to Disneyland a couple times, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Lake Tahoe. All places that are within driving distance. We haven't flown anywhere with them yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Oh my....we've taken tons of trips.  When we lived in the states - we went to Wildwood, NJ almost every summer (my dad has a condo there we used for free) - we also took trips to Boston/New England, Washington DC, and all over PA (where we are from)....plus NYC.  DH took some of the kids to Las Vegas, I took one daughter to Florida.  We all took a family trip to Israel in 2009.

Now that we live in Israel we have taken trips ALL OVER the country here (though only middle DD and I have been to Eilat) - we are in Jerusalem semi often and have gone to the Dead Sea overnight both of the last two summers.  We also take day trips all over.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM

My DD has traveled a lot ... she's done trains, planes and automobiles !!  She's been to Pensylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Florida, New York, Vermont, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Quebec, France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Holland, Mexico, Italy

We usually go on vacation once a year she loves to travel !

cles17
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM
We've taken our daughter on a beach vacation, Disney, and universal. Last month we took her on a cruise to Mexico! That was a lot of fun:)
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:50 AM

We have been on several trips to visit family and/or friends starting when my little on was 5 months. We have done both driven and flown. She is still little so we haven't really done any of the vacation trips yets. She has been to Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri and Nebraska. This summer we started to do more trips like to a children's museum, zoo, and beach.

Pukalani79
by Ivy on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We used to travel a lot more and I miss it.  We've taken the kids to Mexico and Canada.  More recently we flew to Ohio from Oregona and spent almost 2 weeks there.  We do a lot of short trips too

Elyssa414
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:50 PM
We travel a lot! I have 4 boys, and we just got back from Disneyland on Sunday, and we went to New Hampshire in August. (We live in Seattle, WA). My husband and I are going to London in April, though, and I admit we aren't bringing the kids
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)