Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you put up your Christmas tree?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  • 44 Replies

When we were driving home tonight, I noticed a house that had their tree up and lit already!

christmas tree  holding ornaments

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours isn't lit yet, but I have started to decorate it. It's 10 feet tall with 9,200 lights and over 1,000 ornaments. We like to have it up by thanksgiving because our family does not come to our house for Christmas
lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM

We usually put ours up the first weekend in December.  We may do it earlier this year since my dd has the whole week of Thanksgiving off and we have a wedding the first weekend of December.

toopicky429
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM
We put it up a week or so before Christmas. We get a real tree. I kind of miss having an artificial tree because we would put it up the day after Thanksgiving.
anotherandree
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM

We usually do it when everyone is home on Christmas break, but my MIL will be here and our house is already crowded without adding a tree!

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM

2 weeks before Christmas

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Usually right after Thanksgiving. But it has to be after my oldest son's birthday. I don't like to see Christmas decorations in the background for his birthday pictures.
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM

december 15

MamaBearEH
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM
My SO thinks it's a one day deal, while I think that is wasted effort. I'm ready to put it up now, just trying to figure out where now that the baby is mobile. I like to let her roam, but a tree is an unnecessary hazard. No idea where I'm going to put it now!
CalicoMeezer
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM
We aren't putting up a big tree this year, just a table-top tree. I may not even get out our ornaments, just the cheapies that come with it or let dd make some.

We are not going to be home for Christmas and our house is so small. I'm going to put the table-top tree on a coffee table and put my Nativities around it, then put the gifts on the floor in front of the table.
Sophie1106
by Paula on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM

The weekend after Thanksgiving

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)