Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very tmi question, but need help!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was shaving my vaginal area today, which I haven't done in a long time, and I noticed that it is very much darker then my skin everywhere else. I am a very pale white girl, and the color there was like what would be the normal color on a Hispanic person regular skin.

Why is it that dark there? Is that normal? I have had 4 kids, but never really noticed the color being that dark.
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StaciF
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you pregnant?
incogNinja
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Yeah that sounds like a pregnancy thing haha
lizfnf
by Liz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Could be a sign if diabetes. Seriously.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Quoting StaciF: Are you pregnant?

Nope. No chance of being pregnant. My baby is 7.5 months and I haven't had sex since he was conceived.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quoting incogNinja: Yeah that sounds like a pregnancy thing haha

No chance of being pregnant. Haven't had sex in over a year!
StaciF
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this
But you have had a baby then more recently - I'd be willing to bet it's darker from hormones from baby. I know when I'm pregnant my pubic area and arm pits get pretty dark and it takes awhile after baby to go back to "normal" - congrats on baby!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Nope. No chance of being pregnant. My baby is 7.5 months and I haven't had sex since he was conceived.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Quoting lizfnf: Could be a sign if diabetes. Seriously.

I did have gestational diabetes during 3 of my 4 babies, but was tested after the baby was born and I was negative. I also test my blood every once in a while and my blood sugar is normal. Baby is 7.5 months old.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Quoting StaciF: But you have had a baby then more recently - I'd be willing to bet it's darker from hormones from baby. I know when I'm pregnant my pubic area and arm pits get pretty dark and it takes awhile after baby to go back to "normal" - congrats on baby!

Quoting Junebaby18:

I hope that's what it is. It's just weird that it's so dark! lol
StaciF
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha trust me - I forget about it until every pregnancy then all of sudden catch a glance in the mirror and wonder what the heck is going on lol!!

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting StaciF: But you have had a baby then more recently - I'd be willing to bet it's darker from hormones from baby. I know when I'm pregnant my pubic area and arm pits get pretty dark and it takes awhile after baby to go back to "normal" - congrats on baby!

Quoting Junebaby18:

I hope that's what it is. It's just weird that it's so dark! lol
lizfnf
by Liz on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I had it as well with my pregnancy. While I never tested positive for diabetes I was diagnosed with a "metabolic disorder" that took two years to resolve itself. My blood sugar was volatile. I would think about looking into further testing if you have any other odd things happening.

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting lizfnf: Could be a sign if diabetes. Seriously.

I did have gestational diabetes during 3 of my 4 babies, but was tested after the baby was born and I was negative. I also test my blood every once in a while and my blood sugar is normal. Baby is 7.5 months old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)