Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh anxiety!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:38 AM
  • 8 Replies

I hate when my anxiety hits and it usually has something to do with my son.  I start asking him a million questions.  I'm assume it's so I can try to fix any problem he has, which is COMPLETELY unrealistic.  Of course now I'm up thinking about the problem when I lnow the answer.  I need to let him figure it out and let him know I'm here if he does need me.  What do you guys do when you have anxiety issues?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I journal. Many times when I write down whatever is bothering me, I tend to stop ruminating about it. I have been seeing a therapist for a little over a year now. She has helped tremendously with my anxiety by giving me ways to cope or let things go.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:29 AM

I've found that yoga helps. I'm not someone who does yoga all the time, but it does wonders for releasing tension. The breathing done during yoga is so calming and relaxing.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Hugs!
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Dec. 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Run.

I am actually on medication because my anxiety is really bad. I love to lace up my shoes and go out for a run when I get really anxious.

clairewait
by on Dec. 7, 2014 at 10:16 PM

My anxiety is directly related to my hormones, so I've gone completely off birth control and am now working with my doc to get hormones balanced.

The kind of anxiety you are describing though sounds more circumstantial. Mine doesn't tend to manifest itself in such a focused area - it is more all encompassing and very un-rational. Hah.

If I was experiencing something like you are describining, I'd probably be doing the "What's the worst that can happen?" line a lot. I also get a lot of relief when I see moms and kids who are way more screwed up than me, making things work. Reminds me that things really don't have to be perfect.

Claire Wait 
(Happy Wife and Mother Of Four) 

11 Easy Ways to Make Money Online

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 7, 2014 at 10:54 PM
I write down my feelings in a journal.
Mishy2
by Michelle on Dec. 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Hugs.. hope you feel better soon.

peekaBOO333
by on Dec. 9, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I am a very anxious person.  I don't know if there is anything specific I do when I am feeling that way.  I do tend to clean and organiz a lot though.  That somehow makes me feel calmer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)