• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our thanksgiving menu might be changing :(

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 13 Replies
My inlaws are now going to be around so they said they are making some things. They are making biscuits and I was really excited about my pumpkin croissants. Now I won't get them. DD really wanted mashed potatoes and it sounds like they are making a casserole. I was hoping for pumpkin pie and they are making a pie. I might still make my pie though. I'm disappointed about my rolls though. We already bought everything for the entire menu.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Just make your stuff anyways- especially if you've already bought the ingredients.
No reason you can't have potatoes and casserole. Or biscuits and croissants...
mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM
They would probably make a fuss. DH really would. He wouldn't want to double up. I suppose I can make croissants for another meal. We had mashed potatoes last night. I was looking forward to our menu. Oh well. We are still getting our traditional meal.

Quoting Elyssa414: Just make your stuff anyways- especially if you've already bought the ingredients.
No reason you can't have potatoes and casserole. Or biscuits and croissants...
lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I agree.  I would just make whatever was already planned.

Quoting Elyssa414: Just make your stuff anyways- especially if you've already bought the ingredients. No reason you can't have potatoes and casserole. Or biscuits and croissants...

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Maybe save some of your leftovers (if you have some) and make your sides that night. If not, make them for Christmas!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM
We will have leftovers. We bought all the food, we won't be leaving it behind. Christmas will be with them and my SIL. They are likely cooking for Christmas.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Maybe save some of your leftovers (if you have some) and make your sides that night. If not, make them for Christmas!

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Perfect! Then take what you have left, minus the stuff they brought and just do a mini Thanksgiving again with just your family. 

Quoting mjimaging: We will have leftovers. We bought all the food, we won't be leaving it behind. Christmas will be with them and my SIL. They are likely cooking for Christmas.
Quoting countrymomma81:

wedding countdown
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM
This

Quoting countrymomma81:

Perfect! Then take what you have left, minus the stuff they brought and just do a mini Thanksgiving again with just your family. 

Quoting mjimaging: We will have leftovers. We bought all the food, we won't be leaving it behind. Christmas will be with them and my SIL. They are likely cooking for Christmas.

Quoting countrymomma81:

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I could do that. I love leftovers.

Quoting e-doolittle: This

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting countrymomma81:

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Maybe you could make your croissants for breakfast. 

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what DH said. I thought maybe wrap a jimmy dean sausage in them and it might be really good!

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

Maybe you could make your croissants for breakfast. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)