Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hosting the holidays

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 10 Replies
Do you have your guests/family bring side dishes/desserts to the holiday meals? Or do you like to make everything?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mishy2
by Michelle on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I like to make everything if I am hosting, but they usually end up bringing something along which is fine with me as well

lizfnf
by Liz on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM

I make everything. It's a lot of work, but I enjoy it.  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:16 AM

I don't usually host but everyone in our family brings something.

At Thanksgiving my mom made/brought the turkey and a dessert, my uncle brought ham, my aunt brought mac and cheese and mushroom stuffing, I brought veggies and drinks, my brother brought/made blackened tuna, my dd brought rolls, my cousin, who hosted, had dessert and appetizers.

At Christmas we'll do the same but everyone will bring different stuff. We have a ham, so we'll make that and probably bring something else. It's always been like that. It just makes it easier for the host. 

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I usually make everything if I am hosting, I love to cook!

Mostly people bring desserts which I'm fine with.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Sophie1106
by Paula on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I don't host the holidays but I take a dish or dessert wherever we go.

LittleRed80
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I like to make everything myself. That way we can have what we like. This year we did a potluck because I'm not supposed to be on my feet for long periods of time (pregnancy related) so I just did the meat and mashed potatoes.
lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM

I like to have people bring stuff.  They mostly bring desserts.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM
If I was hosting, which I really can't, I don't have the space, I'd make everything. We sort of hosted but did it at my inlaws for thanksgiving and we made almost everything. They wanted to make some stuff so they did. But when I have a house to host, I'll make everything because I love making good food.
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I think that when we get a bigger house, I'd love to make everything myself. But for now, holidays are at my mom's unless it rains, then we have it at my house but we don't go all out because we still have to go to MIL's in the afternoons. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Dec. 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I prefer to do it myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)