Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you do a deep clean in your home?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
  • 16 Replies
I don't deep clean as often as I should. I'm wondering how often everyone else does it?
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Ugh, not often enough. 

Used to be that every time we got our income tax check DH and I would hire The Maids to come out and do a deep clean once a year. We haven't been able to do it the past few years but I'm thinking really hard about getting them to come in this year and do it.

We are pretty good about keeping up with the day to day cleaning and I purge quite often. 

Or I'll just find a person that really needs extra cash to do it. I'm looking for someone that will clean every room top to bottom, left to right. 

Our kids rooms were just painted earlier this year so their rooms were completely voided of stuff so we could paint and do floors. It's mainly DH and I's bedroom, the bathroom (and I tend to deep clean that about once a month) and the living room and kitchen. I worked for Merry Maids before so I'm picky about how it's done. 

Poosaloosa
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Once a month. I keep my house picked up and orderly. But one day a month I bleach everything instead of just wiping it down. And I go through a room or two and purge stuff. Old toys, stuff I never use etc. Our house is very small so I have to keep it neat and clean or it can get cluttered and dirty fast.
AirForceMom1987
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Every month to 2 months depending on how busy I am
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:06 AM

It depends ~ if you mean "spring cleaning".  I try to do it twice a year but sometimes I don't get to it over the winter break. It always happens when I am off during the summer break.

barbie_girl870
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:50 AM

once a month

Quoting LuLuRex: I don't deep clean as often as I should. I'm wondering how often everyone else does it?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
shymom835
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 9:04 AM

hello,

I often deep clean my home 3x a week.

my daughter is toddler so she often dirty the house while i clean up after her all the time.

It's my duty to keep my home clean and germ free.

it's Flu season.

don't be lazy ladies,keep your home clean at all times.

God Bless....

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I try to do it once a month.

TwoPennies
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Me personally? Never lol
The housekeeper? Once a month
I had to white glove clean our house every Friday as a kid. I swore up and down Id never clean my own house as an adult, and that is one promise I made myself I kept.
AriaJ2301
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Once a week.

wexfordmom
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 7:50 PM

If you mean getting on my hands and knees dusting the baseboards, pulling furniture away and vacuuming under it, scrubbing the tub/shower -- Every other week.   

I thoroughly wash down my kitchen 3-4 times a week. Wipe down the granite, appliances and stove/microwave (I hate having a dirty kitchen).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)