Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So upset I'm in tears regarding UPS

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 29 Replies
So my niece sent my kids a package for Christmas. It was supposed to be delivered last night. Me and my husband sat by out window all day waiting for it. It never came so I tracked it. It shows it was delivered at 6:49 last night to my front door.

We never got it and they never came. My mom works there and is working right now.They take satellite pictures when they deliver of each house. Well they delivered some where else. And because my niece couldn't afford insurance UPS will do nothing.

The reason why I am so upset. Is because there was a few things that she sent of my dad's that not replaceable. She has beg my Aunt's for years for that stuff.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I was always told ups packing includes insurance(I ship with them alot) they do have an offer of "declared value insurance" but that is only an upsell if you want EXTRA....if your mom works there why is she not making a fuss? Seriously if there is proof they delivered it to the wrong location I would be making a HUGE stink about it.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Only $100 will be covered there was over $500 I believe.

Quoting SuperPickle:

I was always told ups packing includes insurance(I ship with them alot) they do have an offer of "declared value insurance" but that is only an upsell if you want EXTRA....if your mom works there why is she not making a fuss? Seriously if there is proof they delivered it to the wrong location I would be making a HUGE stink about it.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
She is but if she makes to big of a deal. She could lose her job even though we don't get a long. I would hate for her to lose her job.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: Only $100 will be covered there was over $500 I believe.

Quoting SuperPickle:

tapies2324
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope the package turns up.
SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

hopefully the person it was delivered to will be honest and return it. There is still hope. I would still be making a fuss about it. If they know where it is and it does not get returned that is theft and should be reported. Something being delivered to the wrong location is not carte blanche to keep it.

Quoting SuperPickle:

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM

then you and your niece need to make the fuss. You are the customers and paid for a service that was not fulfilled.

Quoting kyledavidsmom: She is but if she makes to big of a deal. She could lose her job even though we don't get a long. I would hate for her to lose her job.
Quoting SuperPickle:

Sophie1106
by Paula on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this
About a year ago I had a couple packages delivered to my house that weren't mine. I guess they belonged to the person who used to live there. I put them aside so I could call UPS but before I did a UPS driver showed up at my door asking for them. The lady must have contacted them. So there has to be something they can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuckIt69
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Do they or you know where it was delivered? One of your neighbors maybe? Can you ask some of your neighbors?
Valentina327
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
If they take a picture of the house they actually deliver to, can't you hunt it down then?
lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:15 AM

That's awful.  I hope they turn it in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)